Chapter 13 A Day Off with Shocking News

It had only been two weeks since the incident at Pop's and I had learnt two things from that incident.
One was that Hal may not have known that FP would come in for his lunch and chat with me for a little while.
I understand that men have enemies too. The incident with FP only showed me one sign,that Hal had always been looking for trouble he couldn't help himself but to fall into pitfalls of trouble.
He had always thought that he was larger than life just because he played football with the Riverdale Bulldogs.

The second thing that I had learned is that FP is not a bad person he is kind and supportive towards Fred Andrews as they were the best of friends.He had shown me the same respect too but it was more of a gentleman manner.

I had grown to like FP and had began to feel more comfortable around him than Hal.
They were both two different sides of a 50 cent coin completely.
I had always dreamed of a better future with FP.
He had made me feel comfortable in my own skin and he would always fight for my corner.

I had decided to call Mary as I wanted us to go for a walk by Sweetwater River as the scenery around the river would be beautiful on a day like today.

We met up and walked straight to Sweetwater River chatting along the way.
We had reached the River and had sat down by the bench overlooking the lake.
We sat down together for a few minutes until a truck lands outside the picnic area.
The two men were FP and Fred Andrews.
They had soon seen us and had went over to us
"Hey Girls"
"Hey "
FP had sat beside me and we had all spent the afternoon at Sweetwater River and then we ended up In Pop's before it had gotten dark.

The two boys had made plans to stay at Fred's house for the night.
They wanted to rehearse together.
They had developed a strong friendship with each other through music.
It would feel important for a friend to have the same interests as you.
Mary and I had one strong interest and that we both liked.
The biggest positive of our friendship was that we had loved using cosmetics.
We would always meet up at each others houses to try on different products.
It was one positive past time.

The weather was getting hotter by the day. Temperatures were soaring into the thirties.
Pop's was booming.
The Twilight Drive In was having the best few months.

Saturday 23rd June
I was having a good day I had got a bonus for working extra hours from Pop's and I was going to spend the rest of the daylight hours down at the beach.
This good spell didn't last as soon I arrived home as soon as my two feet hit the doormat I could hear my parents agruing about something.
"She has to know about it Matthew,we can't hide it from her much longer" My Mother shouted at my Dad.
I went into the kitchen and spoke "What should I know about"
"Do you remember Hannah"
"It had been forever since we last spoke and to be honest I had not done anything bad towards her she had just vanished."
Her Parents were arrested for grevious bodily harm.Hannah had found her parents at home,they were both intoxicated.
Hannah had tried to calm them down but her father purposely gave her a black eye and her mother hit her in the arms with a brush,she has 20 bruises,10 on each arm.She went upstairs to call the police. The police arrived at her house five minutes later to arrest her parents and Hannah is now being fostered.
I couldn't believe the circumstances that Hannah had gone through, it hurted so much that I wanted to cry so hard.
I had finally found out what happened to Hannah, I made it my mission not to tell anyone.
A promise made was a promise kept.

It had taken me at least two hours to drift off to sleep.
It had tried not to think about Hannah but it was all too much.
I had cried myself to sleep.
The next morning I had gotten out of bed to look into the mirror to reveal a red eyed me after last nights episode.
I went downstairs to my parents who had seen me come down the stairs upset.
My mother had met me at the bottom of the stairs and gave me a hug.
My dad had been reading The Riverdale Register whilst having breakfast.
"Good Morning Alice"
"Morning Dad"
He gives a huge hug and playfully messes my hair.
It was nice to know that my parents had cared about me.
For once in my life I had been grateful for my hardworking and loving parents.