Chapter 20 A Cover Up For a Murderer

FP'S POV
I had received a phone call from Clifford Blossom he had demanded that I meet him on the outskirts of the town for an urgent matter that needed to be dealt with straight away.
I arrived at his secret hideaway he met outside the door.
"We need to get down to business" said Clifford Blossom in a serious voice "I want to meet you in the back of that bar you and your pals hang out two days from now and if you don't complete my request your son will be harmed"
I quickly rose to my feet "No one goes near my son,he doesn't need to be involved in any way"
"I need you to help me take care of a problem and if you say that I was involved your weird son will be murdered by me,you wouldn't want that now would you"????
"Don't you dare go near my son or the serpents will get back at you in no time and they will ruin your business and your reputation"
"I have one motive Forsythe,I don't want my son to inherit the family business when the days come to an end for me"
"And Why in the name of God do you need me to do your dirty work"
"You will only be cleaning it up,you won't be carrying out the main task"
"And if I partake what do I get in return"
"You get some goods that are outside of the business, I own jingle jangle itself and I have used my business to cover up the other half of the business that I partake in"
"You will be rewarded Forsythe"
" Or in a more broader picture Clifford I end up behind bars while you roam free does that even sound fair in your head or in your mind,you must be delusional."I want to protect Jughead as a father I have no intentions to hurt him at all"
"It seems to be the case of you not having much choice Forsythe"
I leave the room and drive back to the trailer park.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I lie in my bed tossing and turning. I felt like such an idiot falling into the hands of a blossom.
I had no intentions to tell Jughead at all I wanted to protect him for his own sake.
I have enough problems on my mind.
I am trying to put off my drinking days,I have lost my only daughter and had to divorce Gladys.
I can't help but miss the company of my only daughter Jellybean. She was a hidden gem in our small family.
I just missed being woken up by her in the morning.Jughead was only 8 when him and I had to move to Riverdale.
I couldn't blame Gladys for divorcing me she knew that I was acting strange and I had more than one bed to lie down in at night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Betty and Jughead are coming to see me later. I wonder if they will ask me if I was involved in the murder of Jason Blossom. I don't feel comfortable when they were coming in.
I had to even get Joaquin to get rid of Jason's jacket to make sure that they wouldn't search the trailer for evidence.
Jughead and Betty arrived at six thirty in the evening.
I had spent the main half of the day at home drinking. I had never felt so bored in all of my life.
"Hi Mr Jones" said Betty
"Dad I have something to ask you"
"What do you want to ask about"
"Where you involved in the murder of Jason Blossom"????
"I'm a father not a murderer Jug I am trying to be a better dad to you and Jellybean. I am trying to stay sober and I'm also trying to get your Mom and sister back in Riverdale i am trying to make sure that I have a united family not a torn apart one"
"I want to see more good times not bad times. The bad times are going to disappear for us,I am certain of that"
Jughead and Betty leave.

I feel like an idiot for sticking to the one problem and for not telling them the truth.
I should have told them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------