Chapter 24 An Unexpected Meeting

(FP's Chapter)
The week had nearly ended,there was something lingering in my mind,it was definitely something important. I had instantly realised that Jughead's 16th Birthday was happening on Friday.

I had always knew that Jughead was an anti social child from the age of 4,he never wanted to fit in and he had always felt like an outsider and had always been a weirdo in comparison to any other kid in his class.

I had always known about his personality for years but Gladys and I had to learn to manage Jughead when he was a child and we both encouraged him to make friends and try out extra circular activities such as Sports before and after school but he had no interest in anything whatever happened Gladys and I had no choice but to accept the personality of our only son.

The second thing that I couldn't understand is where he got his sarcasm from,I felt like I was the one to blame for his negative attitude and Gladys had felt the same way but unfortunately there was nothing we could do,besides we couldn't force Jughead to do things he never wanted to even do.

The only person who really reminded me about Jughead's birthday was Betty Cooper,Alice's second daughter she had been informed by Jughead's friend Archie at school.
She told me that she planned a surprise party for Jughead without him knowing it,I told her that Jughead has never had a birthday party she was shocked to hear that.She planned this party to show love and appreciation to him.

I knew that Jughead wouldn't be expecting me to come to his party. The sad reality was that I had felt like I was the one that ruined his birthdays,because I was a raging alcoholic,he always known that for my own personal and stupid reason. I always knew that I had to pretend that things were OK when they were not.

After all this time, I felt a little empathic towards Jughead,he is not going to be a child forever,he will be a man in the next two years,the years are already flying by and it's only good enough to guide your only son throughout his life. I had my mind made up,I had decided to go to your son's surprise party.

I went to Fred Andrews house and walked inside to find Jughead but he was nowhere to be seen.
I eventually found him and Archie in the back area of the house.
"Happy birthday Jughead"
"Dad"
Archie asked me how I was and I said that "I was happy to be here to celebrate with my son"

"I didn't realise that you have so many friends"
"I don't" "A fair warning you are the only adult here" "So I gathered" "Where can I put this", "There's a table in the den" says Archie.
I was about to leave Jughead stopped me "Betty call you ?"
"She did and she came by, she knows what she wants that one, I'll be back" and leave and I enter the kitchen to find Joaquin and Sheriff Keller's son starting a heated make out in the kitchen
"You can cut the sexual tension in here with a knife" "What's up Joaquin" "Nothing"
"Kevin you know FP, Jughead's dad"
"We've met,he kicked me out of the White Wyrm"
I say sarcastically "good times"

"Joaquin can you show me where the can is"
"Yeah um I'll show you" we leave the room only to walk past Hiram Lodge's daughter.
"You are the last person that I expected to see at my son's birthday party"
"I was just doing my job"
"You have tongue inside the sheriff kid's mouth"
"Did you hear anything interesting"
"Actually yeah Hiram Lodge's daughter is here,she spoke about her father being connected to Jason's murder"
"That's not good"
"Hiram and I had some business"
"What's your boyfriend saying about it"?
"I'll find out" "Yeah you better"
"These kids are more on the ball than sheriff keller" and we leave.

I watched Veronica Lodge and Cheryl Blossom talk about Hiram Lodge. Jughead punches Chuck,I quickly walked over to defend him, I grabbed Chuck and pushed him out "Enough" I shouted
"What are you looking at"? "This party is done"
"It's over go home". I stopped Jughead in his tracks "Where the hell are you going" "Give me some advice on my right hook" "I want you to go back inside and talk to your girl"
"I don't think that it's going to work out reconciliation differences"
"Don't run away"
"You have something good here with her,and with your friends"
"Something that we can never give you"
"So man up after what I saw in there,she needs you"

I go back to my truck only to be met by a familiar face "FP as block captain of the neighbourhood watch,I'm obligated to ask you what are you doing on this side of town"
"Don't act so high and mighty Alice"
"You may not live on the southside anymore,you may not dress like you're from the southside,we both know the truth,snakes don't shed their skin so easily"
"Goodnight FP now get the hell out of my neighbourhood"
"You're still hot Alice too bad you are a stick in the mud" I leave, leaving behind a sulking Alice.