I don't approve

Jasmine's pov

    "No. I don't want you seeing that boy. You don't know what he can be doing while he's away. You don't know how many secrets he can be hiding from you." dad said.

    "I'm going on tour with him. I think I'll notice of he's cheating on me." I said.

    "Who said you were going with him?" mom asked.

    "You did." I said. "Jason called you guys a while back and you said yes." I said.

    "I thought that was the tour." mom said.

    "No, that was just to get ready. A few concerts here and there before, then the tour later. We get time to spend with our families before we actually go." I said.

    "You're not going." dad said.

    "And why not?" I asked.

    "Because we said so," mom said.

    "We don't know what you and that boy could be doing." dad said.

    "First off, it's Ashton, not that boy. Second, you guys already said yes. Third, I have to, the band is going." I said.

    "Then drop the band because you're not going. That's way to far away. You don't know if a plane could crash or a bus could get in an accident. If you did get hurt, we wouldn't be able to get to you. If something happened we have no away to talk to you face-to-face." mom said.

    "Drop the band? I can't do that. We're a team, we stick together. I can't just drop them. Plus, we've already been signed to a record label. I'm not about to bail on them just because my parents are being unreasonable." I said.

    "Mom! Dad! She can't do that! We need her in the band. Without her, we're not complete. We need Jasmine and a bassist." Jason said.

    "We've been in this band for some time now. We've been waiting for a big moment like this. You can't just stop it right here." Kayla said.

    "I know but its to dangerous. Kayla, what did your parents say?" my dad asked.

    "They're alright with it. I'm going." she said.

    "See? She's going. Why can't we?" I asked.

    "Because, its dangerous. And plus, that boy. I don't trust him. He's no good for you." dad said.

    "It's Ashton!" I yelled. "He is a total sweetheart! You don't know him like I do! He would never hurt me!" I said loudly.

    "He will never hurt her. Hell, he is nicer than I am. If she can hang out with me, she can be with Ashton. I'm worse than he is." Kayla said.

    "I'm her brother and I approve. What's so wrong with him?" Jason asked.

    "You know what? Fine, pick one. Be with Ashton or go on tour." mom said and we looked at her.

    "What!?" me, Jason, and Kayla yelled.

    "That is completely unfair! You don't see how happy they are together! You don't see her crying tears of laughter because of something he said. You don't see them smiling lovingly at each other. You don't see how perfect they are together." Kayla said.

    "Telling her to pick between the two is like mom picking between me and dad. It's impossible. Why can't we go? Its just a tour. There will be like 8 people watching over us. Its not like we're by ourselves." Jason said.

    "Pick," dad said. Oo, I've got an idea.

    "Tour," I said and they looked at me. Kayla and Jason looked at me shocked and confused.

    "Good now go call that boy and tell him." mom said and I nodded.

    "Ok, Kayla, Jason, come here." I said.

    "Why?" they asked.

    "So I have witnesses." I said and they nodded.

    "What's your problem?! I thought you loved Ashton?!" Jason whisper yelled at me after we were within hearing range of our parents.

    "I have a plan. I'm pretending to break up and so I can go on tour. Then on tour we can be act all couply again." I said and pulled out my phone.

    "You're smarter than you're given credit for." Kayla said and I smiled. 

    "Thanks," I said and waited for Ash to pick up.

    "Hello? Jasmine?" he asked.

    "I'm gonna make this quick. I need you to play along ok? I'll explain later." I said.

    "Ok?" he said confused.

    "Ashton, I'm breaking up with you. I don't like you the same as I used to." I said loudly, so my parents could hear.

    "What? Is this? Are you?" he asked confused and scared.

    "Play along." I whisper/hissed and he sighed. My parents came in the room and smiled at me.

    "Now, say goodbye to the boy." they said and I nodded.

    "Goodbye Ashton." I said and hung up. Poor Ash, I have to explain everything to him later.

    "I'm confused." Kayla said. "Was Jason still gonna go if she picked Ashton instead?" Kayla asked.

    "No, it was meant for both of them. If she picked Ashton, they couldn't go." my mom said and she nodded.

    "C'mon, lets go to my room." I said and they nodded. I closed the door behind me and pulled my phone out and dialled Ashton's number.

    "What?" he asked.

    "I need to explain." I said.

    "Damn right. What was that earlier?" he asked.

    "My parents, they don't want me dating you. We tried to reason with them so they gave me a choice. Either be with you and don't go on tour or me and Jason can go on tour." I said.

    "So you chose going on tour with us over me?" he asked, hurt.

    "No, I was smart. I fooled them into thinking we broke up. We're still together and my and Jason can go on tour." I said.

    "So your parents think your single but you're not." he said.

    "Yep." I said.

    "But if they find out."

    "They won't." I said and he sighed.

    "Alright, I got to go. I love you," he said.

    "I love you to." I said and he hung up.

    "The perks of being smart." Jason said.

    "We're smart, just not as smart." Kayla said.

    "Do they approve of you guys?" I asked.

    "Yeah, they know me." Kayla said.

    "I hope this doesn't come back to bite you in the ass." Jason said.

    "I believe this will work. As long as you guys and everyone keeps it a secret, it will work." I said.

Sorry this is so short. It's 5am and I couldn't sleep again, so I decided to make this short update. I hope you enjoy!