▪ Chapter Two ▪

r e l a x.

you are not there, you are here.
be here, be all here.

breathe in, breathe out.
just be

h e r e.

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :

"So, you don't have to study today? When's your next exam?" Cop asked Bas as they made their way down the street.

They had decided to walk for a little bit and then go to have some coffee somewhere. Copter had already finished his exams and was now free to enjoy the holidays. Bas, however, was not counting with the same luck, so he still had one more to go. He didn't really mind, though, he was good at studying. Studying was safe; if he followed the rules, things would turn out okay. So, because he knew what he had to do, he didn't usually get nervous or anxious while doing it. Instead, his precious brain had decided that, unlike normal people that felt scared when they were about to take a test, he tended to feel it around other people. And whenever someone talked to him, his body would just instantly go into alert mode, as if a threat was close, even if no real one was there.

It was a sunny day, and the streets were mostly clear. Maybe it was the time, it was around three, so many were probably resting after a work shift.

"No, today's my day off, I've decided. I've got two more weeks, so I'm okay, I think".

"Good, because I've barely seen you these days. You are always studying". Cop accused him, pointing his tiny finger in Bas' direction.

He just laughed and swatted it away.

"Yeah, I know, Cop. But I want to do good in this exam. You know I'm a bit obssesive with these things" he said, scratching his nose around his piercing. He was afraid it might be getting infected. It had been itchy lately.

"Sure, hun" Cop laughed, ruffling Bas' hair and planting a big, sloppy kiss on his cheek.

Bas giggled, pushing him slightly away, yet immediately placing his arm around Copter's shoulders. It was kind of uncomfortable since Bas was wearing a baggy jacket, but he didn't mind, because it always felt nice to hug Cop. He always felt warm.

Cop then started talking about something that someone had told him, but Bas literally couldn't figure out who that person was because he had a sh*tty memory and he knew Cop had already told him who he was speaking about. So he just kind of nodded along and assured him he was right, even though he had no idea what he was saying.

There was a stray dog sitting in front of a shop, watching the people pass. Bas smiled.

"Hello, gorgeous" he said to the dog, who started wagging its tail, and Bas' heart felt full at the image.

Dogs were pure. How had humans managed to exist in the same planet as these beautiful creatures?

Bas had totally interrupted Cop, so he apologized, but he just laughed it off because he was used to him doing that. They had been walking for half an hour and Cop had already changed subjects, so now Bas knew what was going on.

"Yes, and I seriously cried my eyes out at the end. It was such an emotional film. And it had Ewan McGregor in it, who is absolutely hot, so that was a plus".

"Right? He's dreamy" Bas said, grinning. "And, I mean, he's not just hot, he's also-"

"Wait!" Cop suddenly interrupted his rant. He stopped, and Bas stopped with him. Cop looked at him worriedly. "Don't look, and please don't go into panic mode but..." he made a brief pause, his face frowney all of a sudden. Bas panicked. "P'God's over there".