▪ Chapter Four ▪

feel what you need to feel and then let it go.

do not let it consume you.

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :

A week went away, and it was friday again.

Bas had managed to avoid everyone -except Copter, of course- flawlessly. Avoiding people was the only thing he was good at, so he might as well make the best out of it. These guys had appeared in their lives all of a sudden, without any time for Bas to get used to them, and they were now always demanding attention, as if the both of them had been a part of their group all along. It had been weird the way that they had met for the first time, when Bas and Cop were just walking around, and the fact that it had also happened at the exact moment when P'God had sent Bas a follow request on Instagram was even stranger. There was something off about the whole situation, though Bas wasn't exactly sure what; he was yet to figure out who he was supposed to trust here.

Above all of this, now they were also inviting them to hang out every single day. They asked them to go to the cinema with them, to go to the park, to go running. Everyday was a different plan. Bas had refused all of them, claiming to have been busy studying since he had his exam on friday -Bas had already had it this morning- and they had understood. But that didn't stop them from asking them again the next day. Copter had joined them twice, since he had actually enjoyed being with the group much more than Bas had, and, unlike him, Copter didn't get anxious around new people, so he hadn't found a reason to refuse. He even insisted Bas on coming, but the boy didn't change his mind.

It wasn't completely because of the exam, as it was expected from him; main part of it was blamed to the fact that he was still anxious around them, he still didn't know them enough to feel at ease, and as much as he wanted to spend time with P'God, the guy was the one who made Bas the most anxious.

He had done well this morning, he had passed with a high grade, and now he was free to enjoy his holidays along with Copter.

Cop had come to fetch him at his uni after he had been finished, and they had decided to go celebrate Bas' win with some ice cream. There was a small place near their college, one where they both usually went to, so they had agreed to pick that one because of that closeness, since Bas could slowly feel the tiredness creeping into his body, his limbs deflating like ballons as the minutes ticked by. Even if it was not very noticeable for the people around him, the hours after an exam were the ones where the addrenaline rush he had been standing on started to vanish, to give in, and Bas was left to support the weight of his body all on his own.

He had opted for a Mint with chocolate chips ice cream -an unbelievably delicious treat, if anybody asked, even if mostly everyone he had ever spoken to refer to this flavour as the nastiest one of all. Bas would never get it, honestly-, and Copter had just gotten a Strawberry one, which, if Bas was allowed to say was just lame. Of all of the flavours he could choose, he went with the plainest one.

Well, at least he hadn't chosen Vanilla.

Cop was sitting in front of Bas, the cone in his hand, giving tentative licks to it, as if it was the first time he had ever tasted it. As if it was the first time he had ever tasted strawberry.

It made Bas wonder what was going on in his friend's head.

"So, how was it? Tell me, was the mean teacher there?" He asked Bas, hurriedly, almost immediately diving back into his cone.

He was talking about a proffesor that was the head of the subject that Bas had just had his exam. He was very strict and liked to make fun of students when they made a mistake. Everyone hated him, and also feared him, so it was understandable that none of them wanted to cross paths with him during an exam. As everytime he was faced with a luck factor in life, as if the Universe was commanding it, Bas hadn't been granted with the best of it.