▪ Chapter Seventeen ▪

attachment with some people
can never be broken

our soul is connected to theirs

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :

TRIGGER WARNING:
Description of a panick attack. If you are sensitive to this subject, please skip the first part of the chapter until the first line of dots.

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :

"Y – you kissed me" Bas whispered, barely loud enough for someone to hear.

"Bas — " Copter's voice started saying. He saw Cop giving a few steps closer to him, carefully and slowly, but Bas couldn't move.

"You kissed me" He repeated, louder this time. And then he looked up at him, and he could see his troubled face. And it was the same troubled face that was in front of him just a few seconds ago, yet it didn't feel the same to him anymore. "You kissed me. You kissed me! You kissed me!".

"Bas, listen to me, please! Bas!" Cop kept telling him, getting closer with every word. But with every step he took, Bas took one back. And the look on Cop's face was one he had never seen before in his life.

"You kissed me, Cop! You kissed me! Why did you kiss me?!" He started screaming, his chest going up and down fruiously, his hands trembling and weak and his heartbeat accelerating. And he couldn't focus on anything. His eyes kept going from Cop to P'Kim and to anything in particular and then his vision started to blur.

"Bas, baby, it's okay" He faintly heard P'Kim's voice reassuring him. But Bas' senses were shutting down, like when all of the alarms go off in an important facility and every entrance gets blocked.

"You kissed me" Bas whispered again, breathing heavily and with a mad heartbeat. And he could barely see with how blurry his eyes were, and all he could hear was a beeping noise and he couldn't think. And he didn't understand what he was feeling, because it just felt as if he was under attack.

Bas couldn't see them anymore, he was alone, and he was alone with his thoughts and with all of these feelings and he didn't know in which one he should focus, because there were so many and it was all too much. And he couldn't hear Cop's voice or P'Kim's anymore, his ears were just ringing with a high pitched sound, and it was deafening. His head was pulsating, and every thought seemed to be trying to surprass the other, drilling holes in his scalp. And everything was spinning, and dizzy, and he could barely breathe. And it was all too much for him to take. It was all too much and he couldn't do anything, and he couldn't see or hear or feel anything at all. And he couldn't, he couldn't, he just couldn't.

And then it all went black.

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :

It was warm. That was the first thing that Bas noticed when he woke up. It was warm, and comfy, and he was completely surrounded. His face was pressed into something soft, but firm, and he could feel arms around his waist.

He instantly recognized Cop's smell. He always smelled like mint because of his perfume. And Bas could recognize his smell anywhere. He breathed in calmly, letting the air into his lungs, and he pressed harder against Cop, urging him to hug him tighter. It was always so nice to wake up to this. This was the part of the day when Bas could always feel absolutely safe, no place for doubt there. Cop was his safe spot, he would always be.

Bas felt his tiny hand rubbing his back delicately, his fingers caressing him with so much love and affection, smoothly running against him. And Bas sighed, buring his face deeper against him. He could feel their legs intertwined and Cop's cheek over his head, and he felt calm, and warm, and protected. He could not open his eyes, they felt heavy and tired, and his head was pounding. He barely remembered what he was doing here. Was it morning? Or afternoon? Bas had no clue as to what time it was or if he was supposed to be doing something. All he knew was that he didn't want to move at all.