▪ Chapter Six ▪

the more you think,

the more you'll cry.

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :

Bas and Cop were outside of the café, dreading to come in.

Bas could see P'Kim sat in a table by the window; he could tell, even from this distance that the boy looked nervous, and anxious. He kept checking his watch every ten seconds, fear settling in his features as the time ticked by. Bas wondered if he believed they weren't going ro show up; he hoped not, Bas was a man of his words, he kept promises. He wished P'Kim didn't saw him as someone who didn't.

P'God was in front of him, with his back towards the window, and P'Tee was joining them too, but there were no signs of P'Kacha and P'Apple.

Bas' heart was hammering crazier than usual, probably minutes away from leaving his chest. As usual, and even more when real anxiety hit in, he felt overly aware of his bodily functions, and he could sense that they were all failing miserably to keep up with the stress. His hand was tightly clampsed in Cop's grip, and he could feel the sweat runnning in between them. He wasn't sure if Cop was not disgusted by it; he hoped not. When he turned to him, his eyes wide like a deer in the headlights, Cop sighed.

"Let's just go in. Don't think about it too much" Cop advised him, pulling on Bas' arm to take him inside.

Bas, however, was still stuck to the ground.

"But what if I die from embarrassment in there?".

"Stop overreacting. We are just going to talk to them".

"That's the point. How do I do that without dying? You will not be able to help me then!" Bas panicked, shaking his arm. "Cop! I cannot go in there. I seriously can't".

Cop was just looking at him with a frown on his face, he didn't seem very amused.

"Are you even listening to yourself?".

Bas thought about it, but all that was consuming him was the loud beating of his racing heart. It was almost deafening.

"I can't Cop. I'm not having a good time right now. My anxiety levels are higher than P'God right now".

At that, Cop cracked a smile. Well, half a smile. He stared at Bas for a few seconds.

"What are you so afraid of?".

Bas stayed silent.

He didn't really know how to answer that; all that he was sure of is that his body was failing to function correctly, and that he could barely breath, and that the world was very dizzy at that moment.

He gulped, and raised his ayes to look at his friend. Cop seemed concerned, with furrowed eyebrows and pursed lips. He already knew how Bas was, so why was he even worried? He knew this overreaction was going to die out soon enough.

He knew.

And even then, his friend was still worrying.

"Is it about P'God or P'Kim?". He asked, after a little while.

P'God, certainly.

"P'Kim" was what Bas actually said."I mean, no. P'God".

Bas hadn't meant to say his name, this anxiety he was feeling right  now was certainly not about him. Why would he be stressed about him? He had already apologised to him, now he needed to do that to P'God for not returning his calls during this time. That was why he was anxious; he was afraid he would look down on him.