▪ Chapter Nine ▪

please don't come closer,

unless you plan to stay

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :

"Come on, hun, we are gonna be late. They said to meet them there at five, and it's already..." Cop looked at his watch, "five twenty one! Oh my god, we are so late!".

His soft hand was holding onto Bas' thightly, the warmth of it spreading throughout his entire body. They were fastly walking to the café, Bas' feet tripping over each other at times. They hadn't been able to join the gang at the park earlier since they couldn't get ready on time. Copter was freaking out because he thought the guys would be mad at them, so he hurried. However, Bas was more concerned about the fact that he hadn't replied to P'Kim's text. But, hey, it was understandable that he hadn't. He had been so bold about it, acting as if he was Bas' boyfriend. What could he possibly had responded to that? Bas just hoped that he wasn't angry at him. He didn't want to see P' angry. He liked his smile, he should always be smiling.

Bas had slowed down a bit due to his occupied mind, and he felt Copter's grip tightening and pulling him strongly so he could hurry. Bas could see everyone waiting for them outside; they didn't look mad though. P'God was checking his phone, most likely seeing if they had texted him. P'Kacha had his arm around P'Apple and they were both chatting with P'Tee. And then Bas turned to P'Kim. He seemed anxious... and maybe a little nervous. What would he have to be nervous about?

When they were close enough, Cop called them. They all turned to them quickly.

"Guys! What took you so long? We thought you weren't coming" P'God told them as they reached them.

Cop was a bit out of breath when he talked.

"Yeah, sorry. We didn't mean to be late, but someone here always takes ages to get ready" he explained, jokingly, while signaling Bas with his head.

Bas blushed red when everyone laughed. Then he looked over at Cop and he saw him smiling at him fondly. He squeezed Bas' hand.

"Sorry. I... couldn't pick the right jacket" Bas said, shyly and quietly.

Though he had finally managed to choose the perfect one. His nails were purple again today and he was wearing a purple baggy jacket that went with his white jeans. Bas thought his outfit was on point actually, and it made him a bit proud.

"It's okay,Bas, don't sweat it. You do look hot right now, so I guess it was worth the wait" P'Apple complimented him, checking him out from head to toe. Bas' blush deepened at least two shades, if that was even possible. P'Kacha elbowed his girlfriend, trying to look ofended, and she laughed. "Easy, tiger. You know you are the only one for me".

"I truly hope so, baby, or I'd be hurt". P'Kacha replied while clutching his chest dramatically.

Watching them interact gave Bas' a lot of mixed feelings. On the one hand, they were cute and sweet and happy, and he was glad and excited for them. However, on the other hand, he guessed he was a bit envious, because he knew he could never act like that with anyone. Even if he somehow managed to find someone who liked him, he didn't think they would stick around once they saw what a complicated person he was. Once they realised he had trouble showing his feelings, not only in public, but personally too. Once they noticed he wasn't like everyone else and that they couldn't just decide to take him dancing without him freaking out about it. It was a mixture of feelings that ran through him when he saw them, and it always led him to overthink, and to stress out, and to get overall more anxious than he had been before. But that was definitely not their fault. It was all Bas'.