▪ Epilogue ▪

let me in

i want to shelter you

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :

Have you ever been sure about something when you first decide to do it, but then when the time comes, you start to reconsider if it was actually a good idea? Well, that was what Kimmon was feeling at the moment.

"Hey, Kim, put this for me on aisle four. Someone's spilled wine on the floor in the alcohol section and I have to go take care of that" One of his co-workers asked him, handing him a cart full of cans.

Kimmon had decided to start working in the supermarket because he had wanted to help his mum pay the bills and his college fee, and working here didn't require any degrees or experience, at least not in the position Kim had been given. He had just started three days ago, in the night shift, and he was already regretting his decision. This had to be the most boring job to ever exist, he had been restocking shelves the whole afternoon, and most of the customers had been rude to him. It made him angry that people could treat him wrongly just because he were working in a place like this. Why was this derogatory for them? Kim was working so he could help hid family, he didn't see anything wrong with that.

However, even if he was bored out of his mind, his mum's face kept appearing in front of his face, and he remembered why he was doing this. He was doing this for her, because she deserved it. Also, he had been begging her to let him have another dog lately, and he thought that he was almost convincing her. Kim already had the name planned and everything, he would name him 'Oong Oong'.

Kim was smiling to himself just thinking about this, while pushing the cart towards aisle four. There weren't many people because it was pretty late, around ten. But they didn't close until eleven, so there was still an hour to go. He wasn't looking forward to walking back home tonight, because it was pretty windy outside and he hadn't brought a jacket with him. Kim sighed, and shook his head. He guessed he would have to bear with it, he was just a few blocks away anyway.

He started putting the products on their respective places, slowly and patiently, taking his time with this so he wouldn't be asked to do anything else until he could leave this place. His mind was wandering, thinking about random things just to pass the time.

And that was when he first heard it.

"Coming!".

The sweetest voice Kim had ever heard in his entire life. That couldn't possibly have come from a human, that was not a real voice, it had to have been his imagination. It was sweet, as sweet as honey, and his ears were thanking whoever it was for being here blessing his hearing. And his heart started bumping faster against his chest, and everything else in him felt as if it was waking up from a deep sleep.

Instantly, Kimmon looked up towards the sound, and he was wonderstrucked.

An angel ran in front of him, smoothly, lighting up the room as he moved. And Kim was not kidding, he was glowing. He was paralized in his place, his eyes wide, while watching this majestic creature walking past him towards the candy section.

The angel liked candy.

Kim's heart had started beating so fast it was unbearable, but his limbs were not responding to what his brain was commanding them to do. Yet, if he were taking notes, his brain was not responding either.

He saw the angel talking to a red headed guy, and grabbing some candy, and he was still glowing. His black hair was flawlessly falling over his scalp, his big black eyes moving from one place to another. And the jacket. He had a purple baggy jacket hugging his body, and it was making him light up even more.

Kim was feeling as if he had been struck by lightning, and his whole body was now on fire, burning under the light of the angel. And then he was walking towards Kim, but he still couldn't move, and his heart was racing and his breathing was nearly stopping.

And then he looked at Kim, and they made eye contact for a second, and Kim could swear that at that moment, he felt as if he had been blessed.

Kim had just met an angel.

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :