▪ Chapter Fifteen ▪

some days, I make wonders happen

some days, even breathing seems like a chore

: ▪ : ▪ : ▪ :

"Everything ready?" P'Kim asked them once they were all sitting in his car.

It wasn't an expensive one or anything, it was his mum's, but she had let him borrowed it to take them all to the amusement park.

P' was smiling at them from the driver seat. He was particularly beautiful today; he was wearing a pink sweater and a pink beanie to match, and, to top it all, he was  using his glasses since he was driving and said that his eyes had got tired from the contacts. Bas had never been more attracted to glasses before, he could swear, but P' with glasses was a picture one could stare at for a long time.

Bas was besides him, since P' had asked him to sit there to keep him company. And what he had also asked him was to wear his purple jacket again. And it had made Bas so happy and shy. Yet he complied, and was now under the deep gaze of his black eyes that were roaming over him.

Bas nodded, answering to P's question, and gave him a tiny smile. He returned it, big and proud and content. And Bas' heart fluttered.

"Actually, I'm a bit cold. Can you turn on the heater?" Copter's strong voice interrupted their staring session.

Bas blinked, coming back, and looked at Cop. He was frowning, laying back on the backseat with his arms crossed. He looked like a moddy teenager. He was not meeting Bas' gaze.

"Uh... yeah, sure. Just... let me star the car first?" P' replied, confused, but half smiling.

He was looking at Cop with an amused expression, his eyes checking Bas' friend's position through the rearview mirror.

Bas blushed instead of Cop, and sank further in his seat. How could he be so rude to P' sometimes?  Yet P' had found it funny, apparently, and was now grinning widely while starting the engine. The car came to life, and before doing anything else, P' turned on the heater. Bas smiled at that, and quitely looked at Cop, seeing that he was still frowning. Was he mad? Maybe it had bothered him that P' had come but hadn't said anything to him. Bas didn't want him to feel bad because of this, so he, slowly and shyly, extended his hand backwards and opened it in front of Cop, closing and opening his fist a few times in a grabby motion. Bas saw him through the mirror looking at it intently, his arms still crossed. After a few seconds of Bas repeating the action, Cop smiled lightly and disantagled his arms to take it. He squeezed it and let go, grinning at him. Bas returned it, happy that he was here, and that he seemed less upset now. His heart was full at this moment, just looking at the two of them and hearing the car's engine roaring, and feeling everything so deeply.

They had started the trip already, P' behind the wheel, focusing on the road. However, Bas caught him checking out his jacket a few times, and it made him blush really hard. They had an hour before they reached the park, so Bas was thinking about something to start a conversation, scratching his socially useless brain for an idea. Cop liked P', but since yesterday he seemed more wary of him, and would most likely not start chatting with him first. Bas didn't know why he was like that all of a sudden, just yesterday's morning he was praising P' as the best man alive. But Bas shouldn't worry too much, he had to focus on talking now so maybe they could start getting along better.

None of the guys had been invited, not because they hadn't wanted to, but because they had already sarted studying for a few finals they had before classes began. Classes were three weeks away, and none of them three had let any subjects pending, so they were free to enjoy the rest of the holidays. However, P'God and his gang had a few left and they would have to study for the next weeks. Bas felt that that was a good topic to start a talk, so he took a deep breath, evaluating the atmosphere once again. Cop was still looking out the window, his brows slightly furrowed, and P' was focusing on driving.