[Prologue.]

The God of War kneeled before his ruler, a wailing infant held in his arms. Seraphine! That witch left him with the child, escaping before punishment could be dealt.

The pale-skinned baby had a short mop of crimson hair, with two small, white triangles under her still closed eyes. The child continued to wail, and it seemed to be the only thing that filled the golden court.

Stone statues lined both sides, and Ares currently kneeled upon a red carpet, which led to a towering throne. One man sat in it, straight-backed, and with a face of fury.

"You.. Dare to bring such a child here? I see her future. She will be the end to us all! Such raw power should not be allowed here, or anywhere else. It's unpredictable, and uncontrollable! We cannot have such a child. A mistake, that's what she is.." The man boomed, and Ares dipped his head lower, shaken by the power displayed in the mans voice.

Ares knew that the child would be killed. A God of War, his feelings should have been crushed long ago. However, he also felt that no child should be slaughtered, just because of who they are.

A sudden fit of coughing drew his attention upwards, instantly locking onto an older-seeming woman, with hair the color of the night. However, you could see the creation of the worlds in the depths of her eyes.

The high elder, ruler of the council and a trusted member among the ranks.

"There is.. one way the child can live." She paused, and Zeus snapped his gaze to her, although she was staring directly at Ares. "We must seal her power." Clearing her throat, she slowly turned to Zeus.

"It is correct that a child born from an affair between an Angel and Demon should not live. However, it is still innocent of sin. We can send her away, and monitor her." She straightened, and Ares could see the eyes of Zeus flash.

"Her birth was a sin!" He barked, abruptly standing. The woman held her ground, bracelet-covered arms crossing over her chest. Her onyx eyes narrow upon Zeus before she continued.

"Yes. However, Zeus. Look into her future, what do you see?" Her voice dropped to a whisper, and Zeus seemed to pause, his anger fading to a low boil.

"I see many things. Hatred. Fear. Anger. Grief. Sorrow." He growled, shifting his staff to the other hand while he slowly sat back down.

"And, what else?" The woman asked, smiling faintly as if she already knew the answer.

"Love, Friendship, and Happiness." He seemed to have calmed down, but his eyes stilled burned with the fury of a lion.

"Yes. The fates have great plans for her, Zeus. We shall seal her power and send her away. She will be guided to where she is meant to be." The woman seemed to smile softly, almost fondly as she gazed over at the screeching infant.

Zeus re-straightened his posture, a scowl set firmly into his features. "As you wish, then." He growled, before lifting his staff, and slamming it into the marble floor, with a crack like thunder.

Bright light filled the court. Upon fading, the child was gone.

"You will see her again, Ares. Some day." The woman murmured, stepping behind one of the mighty pillars, where she seemed to disappear.