Chapter Twenty. [End.]

Don't play the music until told.~

Onward!

__

When I woke, I was curled around Azuru. The Cub was breathing softly, frosted whiskers tingling as his warm breadth brushed them.

Realizing I had a vise grip on his fur, I released the youth slowly, before pushing myself up to lean against the wall.

For a few moments, I stared into nothing. In a daze.

The information was too much to take in, and was overloading my ability to process. It was all.. Insane.

The Child of an Angel and a demon? Hell, that sounds like something from a goddamn story.

Not to mention I had met my.. Mother.

I had always wondered what a family was like. If I had ever met my parents, everything would be okay. I'd be happy.

Everything would be.. Well, perfect.

All I felt was cold.

You'll get the information you seek from the book you stole.

I spent uncountable minutes sitting there, brooding over what everything meant, when a sharp rapraprap sounded on the wooden door, and thus causing Azuru to stir at my side.

Instinctively brushing my hand over his silky head to assure him I was still here, I quickly rose, before snatching my mask and composing myself.

"Akuma no Chi. Room 0. Solo cell." An unfamiliar voice wrung out from behind the oak door, before I hesitantly opened it. There, stood a relatively tall figure, head to toe in bandages. I inclined my head to show agreement and understanding, in which he continued.

"You have half an hour to get back to the arena. Day river's up."

Just how long have I been asleep?

The Shinobi left after that, disapitating into a cloud of smoke. Azuru was already at my side when we began our treck back.

[I know this is completely different from the Anime. Hush, and enjoy the timeskip.]

At top speed, I arrived back at the Arena in a satisfyingly short amount of time. The first to make an attempt at greeting me was Kiba, in which I had instinctively shrunk away from, lips curling back in a snarl. My mask did well to hide my features, however.

Azuru had sensed my immediate shift in mood. The Cub had fluffed up, feline eyes narrowing to distrusting slits. Akamaru leapt down from Kiba's head to confront the Blue tiger, yet was still dwarfed in comparison.

"How many times to I have to say I'm sorry?" Kiba questioned, his fists clenching. My snarl turned into a sneer.

"You've never said it, Inuzuka." I bit out, before stalking past a confused Kiba. He was almost positive he had apologized.

Azuru-If possible-seemed to scowl, before slipping after me. The two of us continued onward, earning curious looks from the majority. Nonetheless, we entered the room filled with other Genin.

[More time skip because I know Ibiki's lecture is boring and too common. I'm also skipping over every one else's fights. Sorry. c:]

It was total bullshit. Since there was still too many people, we had to have preliminary matches to weed out the weak stragglers.

Once the scoreboard was set up, and once everybody had settled, the matches began to list in an even order.

It had been nearly two hours since the first match ended. The rest flew by fairly fast.