Chapter Three

I skipped out on the Ramen.

Big offense, I know. I suppose I just wasn't in the mood for it.

Currently, I was located within a tree, beyond the Gates of Konoha. Did I have reason to be here? No. Well, actually.. Is just wanting to be alone reason enough? I'd say so.

Like a cat, I would stretch out along the branch, a yawn forcing itself through my lips. My Mask was in place, obscuring the view of my face. My Hood was drawn, and the baggy-ness of my black robe made my feminine figure unidentifiable.

The sun was making the slow journey to the Horizon, where's it'd soon split, and vanish from view.

The sky was cast is pink, which faded into the blue above me. Scarlet and pearly clouds littered the mess of colours, blending skillfully.

Needless to say, it was amazing. I was almost tempted to set the forest aflame, and laugh as it made the scene go from lovely, to tragically beautiful.

But hence, that wouldn't be smart. Clearly.

Boredom soon came to dominate my mind, causing a scowl to drift over my features. I enjoyed doing nothing, but.. At the same time, I wanted to do something. Anything would be fine, honestly.

Rolling from my perch, the drop to the fern-clad earth below was a short one. I landed in a crouch, easily absorbing the minuscule impact I it induced.

Even pain would provide something to distract me from all the.. Nothingness.

With a drawn out sigh, I'd proceed onward, my arms falling limp at my sides beneath the billowing cloak.

The hem teased my ankles, brushing them every so often until a fairly strong breeze would toss it backward, seeming to appear like that of a cape for a few short moments, until it re-settled.

Bored.

Bored.

Bored.

Bored.

"What the fuck, man?" I growled, stalking around the forest like a wolf on the prowl. I was short, but the I carried myself.. I think it gave off a rather dominant affect. Although I didn't understand why.

Five foot nothing, clad in a red silk robe. With a black cloak. That fully hid my identity.

Maybe a little bit intimidating.

A little.

Although I trudged aimlessly through the forest, my foot-falls were silent. The only thing that'd alert oncomers of my approach, would be the nearly unaudible rustle of leaves and other plants that I brushed past.

And that'd when I heard it.

First, my ears picked up the general shift in the surrounding air current, alerting me of the fast approach of an unidentified being.

A sharp whistle from the opposite direction in which I faced immediately sent me into a well-practiced crouch.

This, of course, was followed by many more alike the first. I had quickly realized it was driving me in the general direction of a small clearing.

What a pain in the Ass. I was too far away from the village to quickly take refuge there.

Clicking my tongue against the roof of my mouth in a disapproving manner, I would quickly proceed towards the forced destination.

Not long after I then stood in the centre, did the enemy appear.

Six mask-clad shinobi, all with slashes through their headbands.