Chapter 17

12/13/84

"Hey Max!" Stacy shouted at Max before PE class started.
"What?" Max asked.
"Why are you always wearing long sleeve? Roll 'em up!" Stacy said and laughed with her friends. She had noticed a blue mark on Max's wrist earlier in math class.
"What? Hell no" Max answered.
"What? Do you have something to hide?!" Jennifer asked while laughing.
"No" Max said.
"Then roll up your sleeves" Stacy said and came closer to Max's face.
"I said no!" Max said.
"Then I'll do it for you" Stacy said and took a hard grip of her arm and before Max even realized her sleeve was rolled up.
"Oh my god" Max could hear a girl saying from the back of the room. Suddenly all 30 girl eyes were on her.
"It's that Lucas kid"
"You can't trust black people"
"Tell her that"
"She's so stupid"
Max heard several words, attacking her and her boyfriend. She didn't know what to do. Normally she would walk straight up to them and punch them hard right in the face. But today, she felt more insecure. Her brain was still a mess for not sleeping for several days.
"I knew it" Stacy said. "Max you're an idiot, dump the trash bag who did this to you" Max could feel a new feeling from Stacy. Almost like she cared. And was worried. And scared.
Max rolled down her sleeve.
"Shut up" Max said. "You don't know anything"
"I know more than you can understand" Stacy said. Max' eyes stared at her, without a word coming out of any of the mounts in the room.
"Come on girls!" The gym teacher said after a while of staring and quietness.

I'm sorry for a short chapter and that I haven't been posting for a long time. I don't have much time right now. There'll be some more chapters of this story in the future, maybe even some time next week. Thank you for reading.