Decisions

A/N

Another Chapter is here--a did a very brief editing job-so i hope its not too bad.

Happy reading!!!

xoxo

Yolie

______________________________________________________
It is amazing how one moment, one significant moment can change your life forever. While its happening you think nothing of it at first but then there is that next moment when it hits you, this was that moment for me.

I was laying in bed with my eyes closed now for a while not really asleep but rather waking up from my sedation. Nurse Donald and Dr. Raymond decided that it was best to sedate me after my small episode after hearing about Michelle's death. Death. Not Alive. Deceased. No longer with us. No matter how many different ways I say it or think it the point is she is just not coming back. I tried to think back to the last moment I saw her alive, her body was seriously injured but she was alive and she was smiling, making jokes she said that she will see me when I woke up. The heart monitor increased slightly as remembered it all, my anger at this whole situation seeped back in but I did my best to rein it in, this was not the time to throw fits I had decisions to make and I really did not feel like being sedated again.

My whole life was about to change drastically, I had a family to look out for-a promise to uphold.

"Claire? Are you awake?" someone whispered from inside the room. I was quite startled I hadn't heard a single sound the past few minutes I laid here awake.

"Nate? Is that you?" I asked but I was sure it was him I could pick his voice out easily from a crowded room.

"Yeah, its me." he answered softy as though he was afraid if he spoke too loudly it would hurt me. Nate was always looking out for me. Finally opening eyes they needed quite a bit of time adjusting to the darkness.

"Why is it so dark?" I complained.

"Sorry I didn't want the light to disturb your sleep." he replied while slowly adjusting the lights not too bright as to hurt to my eyes. "Its good to see you." he smiled at me but it was not his full bright smile, there was obvious concern for me was written all over his face.

"Well I've had better days. And I'm sure I'm going to have worse after the way I kicked my parents and brother out. Did you hear about that? Is that why you're here?"

"Sort of. I wanted to come by earlier but I got caught up with work. But it wasn't your parents that called, the hospital did."

"The hospital?" now I was confused.

"You listed me as one of your emergency contacts. Normally they would have called your parents or family but as it turns out they're not welcome at the moment and they needed to inform someone about your....well difficulties."

"No need to be polite Nate-I flipped out. Do my parents know then?"

"I called, told them what the hospital told me and they agreed that it was best I came seeing that they might make things worse." They were right I didn't want any of them in this room not right now I don't need them in my head. "I mean the only other person fitting to come would have been Marc but we didn't know..." he trailed off.

"No. I'm happy you're here." And I truly was, no matter what Nate always knew how to make me smile. Through the countless nights crying over an argument with Marc or with my Mother, his shoulders were always there. "So how long was I out for?" I said while sitting up.

"Well its 11:30 so about three hours I guess."

"Wow. Hmm...well I hope I didn't pull you from anything, you know work or a date." Don't ask me why added that last bit as it never usually concerned myself with Nate's dates.