Chapter 3

Monday came by faster than I anticipated.

I stood within the hallway after the second bell signaling the beginning of class rang with Nezu standing beside me.

"Remember that most of U.A.'s teachers are in there, as well," he reminded for the tenth time since I got to the school that morning. "Don't say anything that may rub them the wrong way, impressions count on the first day —"

"They all know me," I justified, shifting to my right side as I tugged on the fabric covering my blind eye. "And do I really have to wear this?"

"Of course!" Nezu chimed, posing cutely with one paw in the air. "You look very brooding with an eyepatch, it'll help your image."

I rolled my eyes at that and looked up to the tall door at my left. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, and all of the things I did figure weren't good. This was going to be a long day.

"Are you ready?" Nezu asked and I nodded, readily sliding the door open.

It had already been silent upon my entry, though it seemed the anticipating tension within the room intensified. I kept my eyes low and away from any of my former classmates as I urged myself forward. The only sound being the clicks of my heels as they came into contact with the tile.

Just one foot in front of the other... I thought, keeping my stoic composure as I stopped in front of the podium at the head of the room. It's as easy as breathing.

I pivoted in the direction of the class. Sitting in the desks were the students I had come to know, gawking up at me with wide eyes, and pro's stood against the wall behind and to the sides of them. I crossed my arms behind my back and let out a short breath. Blinking my eyes seemed to convince them all that I was in fact real.

As Bakugou Katsuki arose to speak out without permission, I held a dismissive hand up and halted him altogether.

"I realize there are arising questions," I began, shooting my gaze in his direction. His red eyes were ablaze as he stared back at me. "But now really isn't the time to get emotional."

His gaping mouth twitched shut, and surprisingly he lowered himself back into his seat without another word of protest.

Lingering my gaze for another moment, I shifted my hand back behind me and turned to the rest of the students.

"Class A," I began again, tone even as I avoided specific gazes. "To keep this as short as possible, I will keep the details to a minimum until classes begin — of which I will be instructing."

A hard rose in the air, and in noticing I realized that that scarred hand belonged to Midoriya Izuku. I nodded in his direction.

"What do you mean by instructing?" He asked, lowering his arm back down to his desk top.

"I will be your instructor until further notice," I clarified, looking away from him as a murmur rang through the room. "Temporarily, that is."

"Are you kidding?" Bakugou growled out of turn and I let a sharp breath out through my nose as I turned to him again. "You disappear for a year and come back as a teacher? What kind of bullshit is that?!"

Noticing that Midnight began to walk towards Bakugou, I used my quirk to convert myself to mist and transport myself in front of him. With my hands on the desk top and our noses inches apart, he breathed in sharply and glared down at me.

"If you'd settle down for more than two minutes you'd know why already," I said lowly, glaring right back at him. "I won't stand you speaking out again while I'm standing at the head of that classroom. Do I make myself absolutely clear?"