Chapter 7

I spent the rest of that day with Iida.

It was entirely unintentional and probably a bad idea over all, but it was a nice distraction until I had to drag myself back home. After all, I still have some things to put together about Dream Walker before my trip to France.

I sat cross legged on my bed with a couple files opened out in front of me. I looked from one page to the next whilst scrawling down notes that caught my eye, not paying any attention to how the sun had set behind the horizon hours ago.

From what I've read so far — which wasn't much taking that most of his info was extremely vague — Dream Walker didn't develop his quirk until he was well into his twenties during the beginning of the twentieth century; weeks after the first quirk child was born in China. If heroes had been around back then, it'd be safe to say that Dream Walker would've been the first super villain.

He began committing petty crimes in his home town after the manifestation, and he was virtually indestructible to the quirkless majority. Though, it was still unknown to me how he was even still alive after all this time or how he disappeared without a trace for fifty years.

But that got me thinking.

He's been kidnapping people since his solidification a year ago, so it wasn't a far reach to say that he may be using those people's energy in some way similar to how he used mine. Though, this time it was their life force, not the power I imposed on his quirk while we were still combined.

I winced at the thought of those people being dead somewhere and set the pages I had been holding back down on the bed. I was hoping Miranda Leroy had more to add to this unraveling mystery — even if it was just a little bit.

"It's still possible that she doesn't know anything about him..." I mumbled to myself, supporting my elbow with one hand while I pressed a finger to my chin. "She was born an estimated forty years afterward.."

A knock sounded from the door and pulled me away from my thoughts. I turned toward it, and upon doing so, saw Aizawa step into the room.

"We need to talk." He said straight forwardly, closing the door behind him before making his way to me. His gaze fell to the mess of papers scattered on the bed before looking back up to me.

"I was working," I explained, proceeding to make room for him to sit down. "What is it?"

"I think you need to give Hiroe a chance," he said whilst sitting down. I halted in what I was doing, yet didn't look up. "And you owe her an apology."

I sucked in a sharp breath and hurried my cleaning pace. "I don't owe her anything."

I stood up abruptly and stiffly walked toward my shoulder bag that sat in the armchair in the corner of the room. Opening the black leather, I shoved the files inside.

"Osoroshi," Aizawa sighed, watching me as I absently began to adjust nicknacks on the dresser. "Think about it."

"I already have," I justified. "A year ago when she left."

"I don't get what's up with you Yuki's and leaving," he grumbled, standing up. "And compulsively cleaning."

As he spoke, he grabbed my wrists to reclaim all of my attention. I scowled up at him skeptically.

"What do you mean by leaving?" I questioned, tugging my arms away to sit back down. Aizawa followed. "And I don't compulsively clean."

"You just were." he deadpanned, gesturing to the dresser. I frowned.

"Answer the question." I demanded.

"When things get tough, you all leave," Aizawa huffed. "When your mother went rouge, Hyoga skipped town with you for a few months. When things heated up with you at the festival, Hiroe got overwhelmed and left. Another person dies and your personality splits and you leave too. What the hell is up with that?"