Chapter 26

~~~
An:
Doctor: try not to use your hand excessively for about a week. Let your tendons heal and wear your brace (or something like that)
Me: [three days pass, wrist stops hurting, starts writing anyway]

HEYO GUESS WHOSE BACK!! (Back again)

It's not that exciting but hello updates are back on schedule now I missed y'all <3
~~~

I sped down the street early the next morning, not bothering to return home to change into my hero costume.

The previous night — after Iida had fallen asleep — I had a conversation with Nezu regarding our next move against Dream Walker. Apparently, he had already been devising a plan since I arrived in Musutafu.

It was simple enough, but I doubted it'd be enough to stop Dream Walker for good.

I walked along the sidewalk and toward the entrance of U.A., but before I could turn on to campus, someone calling out to me pulled me to a stop. Turning over my shoulder, I saw All Might's deflated form attempting to catch up with me.

"Yagi," I said as he approached, turning completely to face him. "What are you doing out so early?"

"I was called by Nezu," he explained breathlessly. "Something about that little bug that's been going around."

"I see," I trailed off for a moment, realizing that this was the first time I've ever even spoke to All Might since I've been back. "Shall we, then?"

He hesitated for a moment but agreed regardless. We proceeded forward again, and the entirety of the walk through the courtyard was dead quiet. I could feel All Might's need to voice something, but for some reason unbeknownst to me, he wasn't saying it.

I wondered if Nezu — or All Might, for that matter — were informed of Aizawa's corruption; but more so if I would have to be the one to break the ice.

I hated having to do that — I was the one who was supposed to be making the ice, not breaking it.

I huffed out my nose discreetly as we entered the main building all while shoving my hands into my hoodie pockets.

"How are things?" All Might asked suddenly, shattering the thick silence.

"Oh, y'know," I sighed begrudgingly. "Bitter."

"I know the feeling." All Might sighed right along with me. I forced a chuckle as we turned a corner.

"How're things with you?" I asked finally.

"I'm not necessarily fit for heroism anymore," he replied. "So I'm in the dark as to why Nezu called me here."

I glanced up at him, yet didn't press the subject from the stoic expression on his face. Now that I was at his side, he looked more tired than usual.

"I heard you're teaching class A, now." He said, changing the subject.

"It's only temporary," I answered, turning away again as we turned up a staircase. "After Dream Walker's dealt with, I'll be leaving again."

"Really?" He sounded shocked. "Do you think Aizawa is going to let you get away with that a second time?"

"I don't think he'll notice."

"What makes you say that?"

"He's not exactly in the right state of mind."

I heard All Might hum unsurely, and before he could ask any further, we arrived in front of Nezu's office.

I reached out and pushed open the door, and upon doing so, we were graced with Nezu seated at his desk and — unfortunately for me — Sato leaning against the right wall closest to Nezu's bookshelf.

I felt a frown fall on my face as All Might and I inches into the room. I lagged behind my superior, feeling overwhelming resentment toward my previous partner as I slammed the door shut behind us. His eyes were stuck on me like a moth to a flame. Just looking at him made me sick.

Self righteous bastard. I thought bitterly, tearing my gaze away from him to make it back to All Might's side.

"Sorry for the early wake up call," Nezu apologized in advanced, smiling. "But urgent matters do take top priority."

"We understand," I vouched, letting my hands slip back down to my sides. "How much time do you estimate we have left?"

"About fifteen days at best," Principal Nezu replied, voice even and free of worry. "We should prepare all of the pros and second year class A students in the mean time."

"What about a battle plan?" Sato asked from the wall.

"That," Nezu said, not breaking his gaze from mine. "Is all up to Miss Yuki. She's the expert, here."

"Hm," I hummed. "And the leader, so to speak. So why is the faulty drone that was my partner still here?"

"I understand your discomfort full heartedly, Miss Yuki," Nezu coaxed, lifting a paw in the air. "But now is definitely not the time to get picky and defensive."

"I'd rather not have a hardheaded, impulsive idiot as a partner, sir," I hissed, shooting my gaze toward Sato. "With all do respect, I may add."

Nezu was quiet for a moment. "Alright, if you're truly that uncomfortable..."

All attention — even All Might, who had been patiently silent the whole time — was on Sato, now. His yellow eyes were wide with shock at Nezu's compliance, but all I felt at the sight was satisfaction. That'd teach him not to mess with me again.

"You're not serious," Sato stated blatantly, pushing himself off the wall. "She can't —"

"You have no place to say what I can and cannot do," I spat, scowling. "You are dismissed, Whiplash. You are no longer apart of this case."

He looked at me desperately as if his distress alone would be enough to get me to reconsider. However, now of all times was one where I could not afford petty distractions like him. He wasn't worth my time nor my life.

After a solid minute of gawking, Sato finally managed to clasp his ajar mouth shut and straighten himself out. I heard him breath out shakily before tearing his gaze away whilst he turned for the exit. I watched him stoically up until the door slammed behind him, after that, my undivided attention was Nezu's.

"Now," he began again. "You have fifteen days to come up with a strategy, even less if you want to effectively educate your students on what and what not to do."

"They've been improving well," I reassured. "I'm sure they of all the students at U.A. are capable."

"Right," Nezu nodded his head and turned to All Might. "As for you, Mr Yagi, you'll act as special support incase things go astray."

I could feel tension radiating off of All Might, yet he still neglected to say a word.

"I understand your hesitation," Nezu continued. "You haven't done any hero work for quite a few months, but we could use all the able bodies we can get our mitts on."

"I wouldn't exactly call myself an able body." All Might contradicted, narrowing his brow.

"Like I said, you will be our absolute final option if things truly get out of hand," he reminded. "Out of hand as in Miss Yuki somehow ends up dying, which I doubt would ever happen with her carefulness."

Lately, I've been everything but careful. I thought as gaze fixated on me. But whatever makes the boss man happy...

"Of course," I nodded, turning to All Might. "I'll make extra sure that you won't have to face any combatants. I'll have everything under control from start to finish."

"We will take your word for it, Miss Yuki," Nezu said, prompting us to face him. "I wish you the best of luck. Let us hope that the odds will be in our favor."