Chapter 30

Several smaller explosions went off around the city during the duration of the time it took for all of class A to meet up in one place.

I recognized the now vacant street as the same one that held the alley Dream Walker first formulated in. I stared into the particular space between two buildings absently, wondering if I'd end up back there this night.

Eventually, however, my time alone was cut short as 1-A came into view. They were all adorned in their appropriate hero outfits. They almost looked like a crew of dancers by the way they walked toward me. I wished they'd hurry up.

Slipping my hands in my pockets, I proceeded to meet them halfway and stopped once I was a comfortable enough distance to talk without having to yell. I skimmed their faces; a few — like Uraraka and Karafuru — looked a bit startled at the sudden wake up call, and others — Bakugou and Iida — looked ready for just about anything. It wasn't surprising, being with me had the requirement of being prepared for the worst.

"Looks like Dream Walker decided to cut our time short," I began with a sigh, reaching a hand up to click on the communicator still in my ear. "I trust you all brought these?"

A series of nods and yes' cycled through the small crowd as a few of them mirrored me in my movements. I breathed out and turned on my heel, gesturing that they follow.

"Within the time that it took for you all to arrive," I continued, staring straight down the street as smoke arose in the air from behind a nearby building. "Several presumed bombs have been detonated around the city. I even had a bit of time to skim the news website, and from what I saw, the Living Dead are already scattered and causing havoc to civilians."

"What do you advise we do?" Yaoyorozu called out. I turned to face them.

"Exactly what I've told you," I replied matter-of-factly. "Be gentle with the Living Dead and don't mistake them for a normal person. Look at their eyes, that should tell you if they're hostile if they haven't already pursued you. Stay in pairs and don't split up by any means. I want as little allied casualties as possible."

"And you?" Midoriya asked.

"Like I said before," I clarified. "My job is Dream Walker."

As I spoke, the ground shook underneath us as the narrow road was consumed by heat from the explosion within the building behind them. I looked quickly up to the spreading flames and ran forward.

"Todoroki!" I called, and without another word he was at my side.

We planted ourselves several feet away from the crumbling building — that still held people inside — and proceeded in freezing down the flames. The frozen fire was left it sharp skewers that poked up into the sky, but I figured a bit of a chill was better than being burned.

"Take care of those people inside," I commanded swiftly, turning to class A. "Don't disappoint me, move out!"

A collection of 'yes ma'am's spread out amongst them as I parted myself from them. I ran down the street with no solid idea on where Dream Walker could be, but I had to get as far away from them as possible. If anyone was going to fight Dream Walker tonight, it was me and me alone.

I rounded a corner sharply and was immediately met with a swarm of the Living Dead. They looked nearly identical to zombies, that is if zombies didn't have decaying skin and hanging jaws.

I rose my fists defensively and went straight to work in zig-zagging their sloppy attacks and jamming the pressure points behind their necks. As I fended them off, I could see several more stalking in my direction. With a grunt, I brought a hand up to the communicator whilst decking a Living Dead member in the face.