Chapter 4

"Settle down," I said upon entering the classroom the next day. It felt strange not to be on the receiving end. "We have a lot to cover today."

I walked to the head of the class with Sato following silently behind me; and instead of his U.A. uniform, he wore his hero costume that contained a visor and a body fitting suit — much like the one Midoriya wore in the fight against Stain, though the colors were different.

He stopped promptly next to me and turned to the class as I had, arms crossed tightly over his chest whereas mine were held behind my back.

"This is Whiplash," I began, gesturing to Sato who displayed his grin. "He'll be here as extra help both in class and on the field with quirk regulation. Act civilly toward him, he's your teacher now, too."

Pausing for a moment as to see if any hands rose, I continued.

"And as for me," I said, closing my eyes for a moment before opening them again. "You will address me as Freezer. Not Yuki, not Osoroshi — only Freezer. Keeping this professional is the best way for this to go by smoothly."

"Cause you're so great at making decisions..."

Bakugou again.

I sighed, flicking my gaze toward him.

"Luckily for you," I bit. "Your principal was the one to make that call. I won't have you speaking out again, Bakugou. I'm your teacher now and I won't take disrespect in my classroom. Understand?"

He stared back at me hatefully, though I already knew that I deserved it. I broke his heart to protect him. This is what I wanted.

"Anyway," I continued, turning toward the board with the projection remote in my hand. Pressing the 'on' button, a news article revolving around Dream Walker appeared against it. "Since I've been absent for a year, I lack the knowledge of what has really been going on in Musutafu regarding Dream Walker. Who can fill me in?"

I turned back to the class and, thankfully, a few hands rose.

Recognizing familiar spiky hair, I pointed to Kirishima with the remote.

"He attacked town square shortly after you disappeared," he filled me in, setting his hand back down. "And a lot of people have been going missing since then."

"How many?" I asked. "Estimate."

"At least seven per month since you left, I think. It's been all over the news." He concluded. My eyebrow twitched.

What does he plan on doing with them?

Turning, I pointed to Jiro.

"On the news he's been seen with this guy," she told me. "He's like a partner or something. They attacked a children's hospital just last week."

I recalled seeing that on TV and bit down on my cheek.

"What does this partner look like?"

Jiro gestured to the article behind me. "He should be somewhere on there. I remember reading that a while ago."

Following her finger, I pointed the remote to the board and began to scroll down the article until a screen snap of Dream Walker — who's hair was now black — and a thin man in a suit standing next to him. They looked to be leaving from one of their recent attacks.

"What's his name?" I asked, skimming through the digital words.

"No one knows," Midoriya piped up and I turned around again. "And no one knows about his quirk, either. Dream Walker is the one to do all the dirty work when they're out in public."