Chapter 19

~~~
An: hey y'all. This book is obviously going to be longer then the other three, and I was just wondering if y'all had any conspiracy theories on how they ending might turn out :') if so, I'd like to hear them!

I love your guys' feedback and all the comments I receive, it really makes me happy! So if you guys have anything to voice I'd love to hear it :))
~~~
I reported to classroom 1-A a few hours later.

My legs felt heavy as I urged myself down the empty hallway, fingers latched around the leather strap of my shoulder back tighter then what was necessary. I still felt uneasy, and the uncomfortable silence lingering in the corridor didn't do a thing to steady it.

Not even opening the door to the classroom was comforting, nor the fact that Bakugou was already seated in his desk way earlier then he usually would be. Iida didn't even show up to class this early.

His red hues turned to me immediately as I shut the door on my way in, and I only met his gaze when I was situated by the podium at the head of the room.

"What are you doing here?" I finally asked, pulling a few papers out of the bag.

"Waiting for you." He confessed sleepily, kicking his legs off the desk to stand.

"For what?" I pressed, not looking at him. "Do you have more to share about your mind control issue?"

"Not exactly," he said, closing a bit of the distance between us. "I have a question, actually."

I peered over my shoulder, gesturing that he continue.

"Could you see my fear?"

I lowered my hands from the chalkboard and turned fully in his direction, eyebrows knitted together as I looked at him; concern filtering through my system.

"Of course not," I told him like it was obvious. "I'm not connected to him anymore. Your fear is known between you and him only."

A shimmer of relief passed his face and his shoulders sagged slightly as he looked down.

"Why would you even ask me that?" I asked, turning away again to mask the hurt I felt at his speculation.

"I don't know," he replied, sounding small. "I haven't been able to sleep."

"You and me both." I mumbled.

"How did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Live with that thing in your head?"

Again, I stopped writing. It was a good question, though it was one I didn't have a straight answer for.

How did I do it?

"I don't know," I told him truthfully. "I couldn't just give up."

"I don't get you," he laughed when he spoke.

"Are you saying that the big bad Bakugou would have thrown everything away?" I inquired, turning on my heel to look at him with a straight face.