Part 11.

"You're living where!?" Eric shouted. A few customers turned to look at him after his sudden outburst.

"Carl's house," Miller said in a whisper. "Now be quiet."

Eric took a long sip of his coffee. He had to process the situation. Eric looked at his half eaten donut and then at Miller. "Stop joking with me," he laughed lightly.

Miller rolled his eyes. His life had been reduced to a joke. "Does I look like I'm joking. He made me his fucking assistant then his butler."

The whole ordeal still had Miller's blood boiling. Eric sat silent, trying to find the words to say to his best friend. Bowing to the man he swore to destroy, it was all odd to Eric. He thought he knew Miller but clearly he didn't. "What about messing up his and Paris' relationship"

Miller ruffled his hair. He wished could just get it done and over with. Get the full satisfaction from it and go back to his normal life. Unfortunately for him, it was going to take a lot longer. "That's why I'm doing this. The closer I am to the enemy the more damage I can do."

Eric ate the last of his donut. He had truly underestimated his friend. "Plus he keeps using the fact that I keyed his car against me," Miller said. "He's the devil in disguise."

Eric had never met the man. He was one of the many employees who hadn't been able to stand in his presence. He never wanted anything more than for it to stay that way. "What about Paris?" The air suddenly felt tense. The topic was a touchy one. "Have you seen her since?" Miller nodded. "Anything left?"

Miller wasn't sure. The sight of Paris hurt his fragile heart. The woman who he was willing to give his all to had cast him aside. Her words still lingered in his mind. "I don't think there is," Miller tired to sound convincing. "She's changed Eric."

Miller thought back to when they had breakfast. How uncaring Paris had become. She wasn't the woman he'd known over the years. Paris was different.

"Tell you what" Eric leaned over on the table. "Let's hang out this weekend. Its time you get back out there."

Miller wasn't sure. Would he even have the ability to trust anyone if he got into a new relationship. "I'll think about it," was what he said. Miller wanted to change the conversation from him - see if there was anything new going on in his friends life but soon he noticed how his friend gaze kept shifting behind him. "What are you looking at?"

Eric crossed his arms. "That person..." He said as if he wasn't sure what to say. "There's something about them."

Miller looked behind him. A few customers sat in the seats in the cafe behind him. It was hard to pinpoint who Eric was talking about. "Be specific Eric." he took a sip of his coffee.

"That girl....or guy. I don't know," Eric said confusingly. "The last seat to your right."

Miller followed his friend directions. He was right, the person was truly different. Long black hair that shun in the morning rays. Brown eyes and lips that caught Miller's eyes. They were beautiful, picture perfect as they sipped their coffee. The person must have felt the eyes of two curious men as they looked up and met their gaze.

Miller gave a sheepish smile as he turned back to face Eric. "Beauty like that really stands out." Miller said, putting his cup of coffee back on the table.

Eric's eyes widen the person they eyed for at least five minutes was making their way over. "Stay calm...she's... I mean he's..... pretty person is coming." Eric managed to say. If anyone needed to calm down it was him.

A pair of well manicured fingers rested on the table. Their body leaning a bit too much forward. "Is there a problem?" A seductive tone left their voice. Miller almost chocked on his donut. Eric cheeks red as a tomato.

"None, no problem." Miller tried to compose himself.

"I'm a guy if you're curious" he flashed his hair over his shoulders. He said it as if he was use to people questioning what gender he was.

"Sorry," Miller muttered. It wasn't their intention to offend him in anyway.

Eric sat silently as he observed the man. Probably already smitten with him. His beauty was captivating. If Miller was willing to be back in the game. He would be definitely consider him. The boy looked between Eric and Miller. An all too familiar smile on his lips.

"If you're really sorry," He said, standing straight and putting his hands on his hips. If Miller didn't know better he thought he was a model. "Get me to meet someone."

"It depends on who," Miller shuffled in his seat.

"Dressed in a suit," he said, gesturing between Eric and Miller. "That means you work over there," he pointed at Edwin Enterprise.

He did make a point. Only Edwin Enterprise employees would stroll into a coffee house with suits on. The customers were usually love struck teenagers , college students or those who wished to have a good ol' cup of coffee.

"Yes we do." Eric said, finally gaining some composure.

"Good." he replied. "I want to meet Carl Edwin."

Miller was taken back. What would he want with Carl. The displeasing look on his face made Miller bubble with mischief. "Sure I'll take you there now."

+++

Feel free to vote or comment. Thanks to those who have been reading|voting|commenting on my book. It means a lot. :)

EDITED