Part 26.

Eric huffed for breath as he burst through Miller's bedroom door. He didn't know what to make of Paris and Carl when he saw them downstairs. Hell, he didn't know if he should continue towards Miller or not. When Carl gave him a simple he's upstairs. Eric gave Paris a disapproving look before rushing up the stairs.

As seeing that he knew not to expect Miller having glorious news to tell him. Placing the box he rushed over with, not having the chance to go back to his apartment since Miller made the news seem urgent.

Eric sat on the bed, pulling the covers off Miller who wrapped himself in a cocoon. Revealing a sullen Miller. Eric sighed, this was indeed going to be hard. Miller didn't budge so Eric pulled his legs until he sluggishly sat up in bed.

"I think I'm sick Eric" Miller said, no sense of life in his words.

Eric moved closer to Miller, crossing his legs and looking at Miller with concerned eyes. "What do you mean sick?" Eric asked calmly.

Miller threw himself onto the bed, ready to go back in his blanket cocoon. Eric stopped him, using all his strength to pull Miller back up. "Spill it"

Miller let out a groan, running his hands over his face looking at Eric, wondering if he should speak or not. This was his best friend, he could spill the beans without holding back. "Remember how I told you I was thinking Carl was--"

"Hot" Eric finished, smiling teasingly at Miller. "Yeah I remembered"

Miller took a deep breath. Letting what he said settle before he spoke again. "These past few days whenever he does something nice" Miller said the word as if it was foreign to him. "Or when he gives that god forsaken angelic crap ass sweet smile" Miller tried to dive between hating it and liking it. "I feel a sense of comfort and I forget that this is the guy I'm suppose to hate. The one who stole Paris from me"

Eric was taken back by his friends words. Resting both his hands on Miller's shoulder he said, "He's nice to you" Eric would only ever hear Miller talk about how Carl had him doing the most random task. Yet, here he was telling him that he was nice to him. "Define nice"

"Umm..." Miller to think back on a few incidents. "I mean we can both be nice to each other at times" Miller made sure to add. "Like the time he cut his finger trying to dice cherry tomatoes" Miller chuckled at the memory. He got on to tell him how Carl cut his hands just yesterday and the swimming pool incident, how he wrapped his arms around him.

He didn't know if it was significant to tell him about how Carl got him a desk a chair. A little fuss but he allowed him to have it. Not forgetting how their lips brushed that say. And the time when he found Eric's porn magazine and he smiled for the first time as he teased Miller. All those moments tried to tug at his heart string. "In between all that we still had out usual bickering"

"So that's why you kick me" Eric realized. He wondered why Miller had kicked him in the shin over the porn magazine. "I think you forgot the strip tease" Eric added, earning a slap on the arm from Miller.

"Stop playing around"

"Okay okay" Eric raised his hands in surrender. "If you ask me I think you have a --" Eric stopped himself. Should he tell Miller in the state he's in. "Better yet figure it out yourself"

Miller took up a pillow and began hitting Eric with it. "That doesn't help at all"

"Anyways" Eric said after getting thoroughly beaten by a pillow. "What's up with that? Why's Paris down stairs"

Eric hit Miller where it hurts. "Planning the wedding" Miller replied. "Which is in three weeks"

Eric's eyes widen, looking at the door and Miller. "Really? Isn't that too soon"

"It's all Paris" Miller said, tightening his grip on the pillow. "You know what she told me 'try topping that' "

"Is she onto you" Eric asked, wondering if Paris knew that Miller was up to something.

"I don't know" Miller told him. "I don't even know if I can top that" Cameron was still an option not a sure one but still an option. Miller would actually have to up his game to a hundred percent to break them in three weeks. No more arguing with words and more action.

"Get up" Eric pulled Miller off the bed. "We're going downstairs" Eric tried fixing Miller's hair. "Time to get your spark back. We're going to kick some ass"

Before Miller could answer he heard a noise and saw movement in a box on the floor. "What's that?"

"Oh! I almost forgot" Eric said, rushing towards the box. Taking out a small kitten out the box. "I found him when I was rushing over here. I didn't have time to put him in my apartment so I bought him with me"

Miller took the kitten from Eric. "So cute" it was good to see Miller brightening up again.

When they got downstairs, Paris was the first to see them. Displeased by their arrival. They took a seat opposite of Carl and Paris.

"What do you want now Miller" Paris stopped showing whatever she was showing Carl on her iPad. "Eric" she looked towards him.

"We just want to hear the wedding plans" Eric spoke. "Paris"

Paris leaned away from Carl, crossing her arms and glaring at the two before her. "There's nothing for you to hear"

"Having someone else opinion my help" Carl said, looking at Miller with the cat in his hand. Miller avoided any eye contact with him.

Paris looked at Carl. Displeased that he allowed them to stay. She got back to showing Carl something. Only nodding and smiling when necessary.

"I need four invitations" Miller blurted out, stroking the cats head.

"You're not invited" Paris said immediately.

"We could just go either way" Miller shrugged. "Then again your wedding might as well be dead before it begins" he smiled at her.

"Just like yours" Paris said. "Dead before you proposed"

Carl looked at Miller, surprised to know that he had someone he wanted to propose to. "That bracelet" Miller bit back his almost overflowing anger. "Didn't your ex boyfriend give you that"

Miller remembered the bracelet very well. It was a gift for their one year anniversary. Surprised she still had it. Paris looked at it then took it off, getting up and standing before Miller. "Do me a favour and give this to him" she threw the bracelet at him. "Tell him that's the last piece of him and so is my love for him"

She strolled over back towards Carl. Clinging on his arms and kissing him on the cheeks. "Tell him I found better"

+++

Feel free to vote or comment.