Part 27.

Miller held the bracelet in his hands. Rubbing his thumb over the small decorations that hung from it.

A gush of evening wind entered through his wide open window. He now understands; Paris feelings were made clear and so was his.

They were over, over and done with. There wasn't anything left not even a spark. Miller gripped the bracelet in his hands.

"Fuck you Paris" Miller yelled as he threw the last piece that once held them together out the window.

Screaming as he threw himself on the bed. Two years worth of memory flashed in his mind. The good, the bad and the happy. It all sunk into darkness with her words. Catching his breath Miller heard the creaking sound of his bedroom door.

Eric had gone home and so was Paris. Miller didn't have to look up to know it was Carl. "Stop screaming like some wild animal" he said, intruding on Miller's alone time.

Miller finally sat up, looking at Carl. He had the kitten in his hands. Miller forgot about him, drowning in his own anger. "Why do you have him?" Eric entrusted him with Miller. Having the little fur ball cheered him up.

"A certain idiot left him wondering around the house" Carl said, sitting on Miller's bed as if he was welcomed. "Wondered into my room and I fed him"

Miller took the nameless cat from him. Curling up in his lap as he stroke its head. "He can be nice" Miller said jokily.

"I'm always nice" Carl replied, looking out the window. The view was beautiful as always, increased ten times fold as the sun set.

Miller turned to look at him. "No you're not" Miller denied. He's nice when his mood is in a turmoil and grumpy for no other reasons.

"I just like to test people" Carl turned and met Miller's eyes. For a second Miller felt like nothing mattered. It was happening again, the beating of his heart and the fact that he could accept the man before him.

Miller broke his gaze as the cat moved about on his lap to find a comfortable position. "Is that so" Miller said. Could he believe Carl? All this time was he testing him and for what.

"Paris" Carl suddenly said making Miller look out the window where he threw the bracelet out. "You two dated before right?"

Miller looked at him shocked. Was it that obvious? "How did you know?" Was all Miller could say. He didn't expect for Carl of all people to find that out.

"The way you two fight" He told Miller, their shoulders bumping slightly at how close they were. "I just let you two go at it. Letting all the bundled up emotions out"

Miller always noticed how Carl kept quiet whenever him and Paris argued, now he understood. "If you came here to get my blessings, too bad" Miller unconsciously shifted over a bit.

"I don't care about such simple things" Carl chuckled. "Don't misunderstand" 

Silence settle between them. Miller watched the sunset, wondering if Carl was leaving or not. Things were getting awkward. "Hands" Miller broke the silence.

"Fine" Carl simply said.

Miller found it weird. They always had something to say to each other. Now that they sat like strangers with nothing to say. They weren't friends as far as Miller knew they were enemies. Miller felt like those words were diminishing, losing there meaning. Glancing at Carl beside him who gazed out the window. Their relationship was slowing changing, ever since that smile. It couldn't leave Miller's mind. Neither the curiosity of why he had to keep an eye on Carl. At least for now he seemed perfectly fine.

"Have you decided on a name yet?" Carl asked, reaching over to touch the current nameless cat. His fingers brushing on Miller's sending sparks of electricity everywhere.

"N-No" Miller replied. The touch doing more damage than expected. "I was planning on leaving it up to Eric since he's the one who found him"

"How about..." He thought for a second, ignoring what Miller previously said. "Carl"

Miller bursted into a fit of laughter. "Definitely not" Miller told him. "Eric would not like that"

Carl thought again as a smile settled on his lips. The one Miller couldn't get use to. "How about Marcel then"

Miller scrunched his nose. "Weird but --" Miller wasn't good at naming things so he said, "only for now" he looked down at the cat. "Right Marcel"

Carl finally got up, looking at Miller as he played with the newly named cat, Marcel. Miller looked to be in love with the animal. Carl behold the sight, watching as Miller let all his guard down.

"How long have you and Eric been friends" Carl found himself asking.

"For as long as I can remember" Miller said, not taking his gaze from Marcel. "Why?"

Carl didn't reply only hearing the sound of the door closing behind him. Miller rested Marcel on the bed. He had better take a shower, eat and get some rest. Opening his closet he noticed something he hadn't before. In the corner was a piece of paper. Taking up the dust filled paper, revealing a family. A man, woman and young boy. Miller noticed how the man's head was ripped off.

The woman and boy was in the same photo he saw before. Carl smiling brightly as he held both of them hand. Miller immediately remembered what Cameron said about their dad. Tomorrow makes three days, the day Cameron would visit.

This was no time to have his feelings in a turmoil. He took up his phone and texted the words he forgot to tell the stupid CEO.

Be ready for tomorrow.

+++

Feel free to vote or comment.