Part 12.

Once again, Miller was the center of attention. This time he didn't care. A pep in his step and someone that might upset the stupid CEO was with him. Clouds of happiness are hovering over his head. The eye candy caught the eye of many in the building.

Women gave flirtatious smiles and desperately tried to get his attention. Some even glared at the innocent Miller. Eric who was strolling just behind, pulled on Miller's arm before they entered the elevator.

"Are you sure this is okay?" He was concerned. He knew very well the deal with Carl and his best friend. But was it a good idea to bring someone into his office uninvited. Hell, he knew Carl had kick Miller out just an hour ago. If he came knocking on his door with this god forsaken beauty, who knows what might happen.

Miller slung his arm over Eric's shoulder. Smiling brightly as he patted Eric's chest. "There's no need to worry" he assured him. "He's just going to piss him off for whatever reason"

Eric gave a weak smile. "Just don't bite more than you can chew"

"Just admit it" Miller said, now poking Eric's chest. "You just don't like the fact that I'm using him in my scheme" Miller pointed to the guy. A few employees crowding around him.

"Shut up!" Eric hissed, pushing Miller away. "I'm leaving"

"The elevators that way" Miller yelled as Eric stormed away.

"I'm taking the stairs" Eric waved a dismissive hand at Miller.

Miller trotted over to the guy. The crowd of girls disappearing upon sight. They entered the elevator. Silence settled amongst them. Miller couldn't help but sneak a few glances at him. Questions he didn't considered flooded his mind. How did he know Carl? What business does he have with him?

"So umm...?" Miller broke the silence, queuing for a name.

"Cameron" he said, playing with his hair as he did the moment he stepped into the elevator. It must be his best feature on himself.

"Miller" he said, thinking it was casual for them to get off first name basis. "How do you know Carl?"

"I rather not say" he replied. Miller was surprised at his vagueness. Just moments ago he was willing to request to meet him out loud. "We just have a long history together"

"History huh" Miller said, more for himself than Cameron.

He found it hard to see Carl having normal social interaction with anyone without driving them to throw themselves off a cliff. Long history, he just got a bit more curious. The elevator doors opened on the sixth floor.

A few employees eyes widen with terror at the sight of the two men. Cameron might just be the deal breaker. Cameron walked ahead of Miller, knowing the way without much guide.

He knocked ahead of Miller. Silence followed, Cameron fiddled with the handle and with no surprise it was still locked. A few mumbles and groan was heard on the other end of the door. The locks being undone made Cameron take a few steps back.

"Miller I swear to god --" Carl flung the door open fully prepared to chew out Miller. His frown deepened when he saw Cameron.

The neatly dressed man Miller left an hour ago was a hot mess. His tie and suit jacket was gone. A few buttons undone on his dress shirt, hair that had his hands through it more times than he could count. Miller found the messy man to be quite enlightening.

"Carl" Cameron said, looking at him as if it was the first time.

"Why are you here" Carl growled, gritting his teeth from anger. His eyes met with Millers, watching him smile in satisfaction. "Leave" he started to close his office door.

"I'm not leaving" Cameron declared, using his arm to keep the door ajar.

Carl yanked the door back from frustration and anger. Cameron flinched at the sudden aggression. Miller watched in silence as the situation unfolded. Cameron had much effect on Carl than he expected. The other employees turned a blind eye, fear they would later suffer at the CEO hand.

"I'm not going to repeat myself" Carl said. "Don't make me angry"

It was obvious he was angry already. "Just hear me out" Cameron requested.

Miller was supposed to be on the sidelines not stepping onto the field. "Let's take this inside" he pushed Cameron inside the office. Pulling the door from Carl's grip, Miller closed the door.

A series of talking followed, screaming and yelling. This was the most emotion he's got out of Carl. Silence settled in the room which got Miller worried. The door pulled opened revealing a teary eyed Cameron. Miller felt bad that Cameron got hurt in the process maybe he should've listen to Eric in the first place.

"Sorry" Miller apologized.

"It's not your fault" Cameron wiped away a tear that threatened to fall. Looking back at the ajar door he said. "I should leave"

As he watched Cameron disappear behind the elevator doors. He looked into the office to get a glimpse of Carl's distress. In just the short moment the man cleaned everything off his desk.

"Looks like a storm came through here" Miller chuckled.

Carl turned and shot him a dangerous glare. "I said coffee and donuts" his voice was unusually low. "How is that coffee and donuts" he yelled, Pacing back and forth. "You took an hour then come back with.." He found it hard to say Cameron's name.

"I did as you said get coffee and donuts" Miller said innocently. "Just not for you. Cameron just happened to be there and requested to see you. Being the good assistant I am, I bought him here"

"Get out!" Carl demanded.

"No" Miller replied, taking a seat. "I'm not leaving" he crossed his leg. "Stupid CEO"

Miller might not have scored a point in ruining Carl and Paris's relationship. But he did score a point against Carl, getting him riled up was definitely the highlight of his day.

+++

Feel free to vote or comment. :)