𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄

Jimin

A small smirk rested on my lips as I thought about the events to come

A small smirk rested on my lips as I thought about the events to come. They only thought they had me but i've never been stupid. You think I'm gonna go down and live the rest of my life without the one thing that gives me reason to do so? Sure.

____ is my everything. Before her, I had nothing to hold onto. Sure, our relationship's a little rough but that's love, right? I can't live without her and she can't be without me. These assholes just didn't get that but they would soon enough.

"God, you really are evil. What the hell could you possibly be smiling about in a situation like this?"

My gaze moved to the guard standing outside my cell who decided to speak his irrelevant mind. My expression now annoyed as he shook his head to himself. I moved my head to better look at him as I stood up from the floor. Walking over to the barred gate that confined me, I leaned against it calmly, gripping the bars. I watched the guard intently before speaking.

"You ever been in love?"

He scoffs. "Please. I know why you're in here and if that's what you call love, you're more of a psycho than I thought. I hear the girl can't even remember that she wanted to escape you because you fucked her up so bad. She forgot how she even got there. And listening to you now, it's no wonder she's in the special place."

I smirked again, letting my gaze fall to the ground. "Love has many forms, officer. Some people hide it and some people flaunt it. Mine is the ladder, just a little more...dedicated."

"I don't care. Shut up and go to sleep. Hang yourself. Just do something other than talk to me, freak."

Only nodding, I continued anyway. "I would do just about anything for my love, you know that? So... it really bothers me when people tell me it's not real."

My eyes lifted once again to see the officer's expression better while the much anticipated shadow emerged behind him.

"If you're not living for love..." I paused to watch as an arm reached around his neck. As quick as lightning, the blade that it held slid across the man's throat. His blood sprayed everywhere, even spattering onto me. "...You don't need to live at all." I finished with an unbothered tone and smiled up at my good friend V who was in the middle of wiping a blood from his lip.

He bent down to the dying man who was bleeding out in panic. Snatching the officer's keys and gun, he stood back up to open up my cell door and remove the cuffs from my wrists. I let them drop to the floor and rubbed my tender skin for a second.

"Do you always have to talk like you're in a play?" V asked as I walked out of the cell, taking the gun from him and making sure it was loaded.

"You should try it, Tae Tae. It might even help you find your own sweetheart someday." I smiled, pinching his blood-spattered cheeks a bit.