𝐎𝐑 𝐍𝐎𝐓

Third Person
The Next Morning

You woke up to the piercing sound of your ringtone blaring at the break of dawn

You woke up to the piercing sound of your ringtone blaring at the break of dawn. With an irritated groan, you rubbed your eyes before sitting up to answer the call. Upon seeing Jungkook's name on the screen, you immediately answered. "Hello?"

"I'm so sorry if you were sleeping but this is an emergency." He said. He was panicked over something and that was enough to trigger your worry.

"No, It's okay. What's the matter? Are you okay?"

He sighed deeply. "I'm fine but It's really hard to explain so try to keep up, okay?"

You hummed affirmatively so he could continue.

"So Taehyung calls me and tells me that the police went to ask him some questions but it was more like they were accusing him of some crazy shit." He started.

"Okay..?" You mumbled, listening closely as you stood up to walk to the bathroom and freshen up. You flipped on the light switch as he continued and ran the water at the sink.

"He said they were desperate and really trying to shake him to admit to things he couldn't."

"Like what, Jungkook?" You asked before beginning to brush your teeth with your free hand. You were anxious to know what was going on but he was talking in circles so you were getting impatient.

"____... I don't think I should be telling you this given your condition and all but... they think Jimin is still alive. And that Taehyung or someone helped him fake his death."

Everything seemed to freeze, especially your hand which was in mid-brush on your teeth. You leaned forward to spit, turned off the water and wiped your face quickly before answering. "What?!"

Before he could say anything else, there was a loud banging on your front door. Your head snapped to look in its direction and you rushed out of the bathroom, meeting your mother in the hallway. She too was awakened by the noise but she was still half asleep so you got to the door first. Once you opened it, you widened your eyes at the sight of none other than the two detectives you were beginning to loathe.

"____ ____? Please come with us. There are some questions we'd like to asked you down at the precinct." Detective Jung spoke.

You still had the phone to your ear as you swallowed nervously. "Jungkook... I gotta go."

Detective Min watched you with his usual expression of boredom as he grabbed his cuffs from his pocket and waved them in the air. "If you cooperate, we won't need these. But if we have a problem, they will come in handy."