𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐑

You

I opened my eyes, finally waking up after my nap. Unfortunately, it was night time. There goes my already messed up sleep schedule.

I turned my body to see if Jimin was beside me but he wasn't. I was alone in this dark room that was only partially lit by the moonlight. The most I could see was shadows and that made me nervous. I was never really one to fear the darkness but with all that's happened lately, I can't help it.

Rubbing my eyes, I slowly got up from the bed and stretched with a yawn before walking to the private bathroom, careful not to bump into anything. I had to navigate mostly by memory. Oddly, the only thing that still works in this house is the water. I think it may be supplied by the river.

Once I found the bathroom, I grabbed the matches that I knew were on the counter top and lit the small candle they were there for.

While freshening up, I wondered where Jimin was. Surely the other boys were sleeping by now and I know he wouldn't leave me here alone so... where could he be?

When I was finished, I went to find him. As I walked passed the bed to leave the room, I stopped briefly to slide on my slippers. When I'd gotten out into the hallway, I froze for a second facing the cold darkness. When I found some courage to proceed, I held onto the railing while descending the staircase.

The hollowness of the walls allowed gusts of wind to rush through, sometimes making noises that made me super uncomfortable to hear in the darkness. Honestly, it felt like heading into hell while blindfolded and I was scared as fuck. I wanted to run back to the bed and hide under the covers but I wanted to find Jimin more. So I kept going.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs and slowly walked down the hallway that lead to the kitchen, I stopped for a second. Noticing there was a candle on inside, I walked into the direction of the moving light caused by the dancing flame. I expected someone to be in the kitchen but when I got there, no one was around. I sighed and picked up the candle so it could be my guide from then on.

I made my way into each room of the house, softly calling out for Jimin but there was never any answer. Meanwhile, I'd thought of how our day went to see if it would trigger any ideas as to where he may have gone. And that's when it hit me...

My diary... I left it outside.
There's no way he could be there, right? No way..

Quickly, I rushed to the large indoor patio where I could see my beloved happy place from the giant glass windows. Sure enough, even though I couldn't make out who it was from that distance, there was a figure standing at the picnic table. I set the candle down nearby and walked outside, making it about halfway in the chilly wind before I had to stop and hold myself to feel warm.

With squinted eyes due to the wind, I called out his name just to confirm it. The second my voice carried in the wind, the figure's head lifted and I'm assuming he looked in my direction. I saw him set something down and I immediately knew it was the book. My heart sank to my stomach while my face dropped just as suddenly.

Oh my god, he read it. Oh my god, I'm so stupid! Why would I just leave it around like that?! I never do that! He's probably upset and if he is, I'm in so much trouble!

He began to take quick steps towards me and I panicked. Once he was out from under the tree's pitch black shade, the moonlight gave his appearance back to my eyes. I couldn't tell if he was angry or not but my body had decided long ago that I was way too scared to find out so I just turned and ran away. He called my name but I wasn't trying to hear it as I rushed back inside to hide.

Jimin

"It scares me to admit it but sometimes I catch myself thinking...what if Jimin is-"

Part of me wishes she'd gotten to finish that sentence. The other part is glad she didn't.

I blinked once to rid my eyes of the oncoming tears that began to sting because reading what she wrote is hard. I didn't know she felt this complex. Basically, she wants to love me but she can't trust me. The worst thing about it is that she's on the money.

I took a deep breath to register everything and that's when I heard a small voice echo from a distance. I turned my attention back towards the house and saw ____ standing there. I forgot she doesn't like to wake up in the dark, especially when no one's there. But what is she doing out in the cold like that?

I placed the book down and began to make my way over to her so I could get her inside quickly. But when I got halfway to her, she took off running back into the house looking terrified. I even looked behind me curiously to make sure I was alone.

Calling out for her, I ran into the house as well. What happened? Was she running from me?

When I got inside, I was about to head straight into the darkness to find her but stopped in my tracks to grab the candle in the patio. I guess she left it here when she came down.

I sighed and shielded the flame with my hand so the breeze wouldn't put it out while I walked quickly. "____! Where are you? What's wrong?"

I was making my way through each room thinking that I'd be able to find her like that because it didn't occur to me until I was in our bedroom with still no sign of her. She's hiding.

Once I figured that out, there was a sudden rush that fell through my body and I can't explain it other than feeling pure rage. It's like I just snapped into a different personality and I don't know why it always happens like this. I wanted to hurt her instead of my original intention which was only to protect her.

I set the candle down on the nightstand by the bed. Beside it, I kept a wooden baseball bat for protection against unwanted visitors but now, I suddenly had a more sinister use intended. I gripped it tightly and began to walk around the room to look in the few hiding places she could be.

"So this is what it always comes to, huh?" I spoke softly more to myself than anything else but if she had heard me I wouldn't have cared.

"I'm hurt that you would do this to me after all I've done for you." I paused, stopping in my tracks right in front of the large wardrobe standing in the corner of the room. "Don't you trust me?"

The two doors were cracked open slightly but it was too dark to see inside so I immediately lunged at them, opening them quickly with the bat raised and ready to swing.

There was nothing.

I chuckled, moving the dusty old clothes around inside for a brief second before walking away to continue my hunt. This is gonna be fun.

Continue...