Chapter Nine - Decisions and Heartbeak

Hermione POV:

After our last class (Charms) of the day, Ginny and I headed back to our dorm. As we entered the common room, we bumped into Luna.

"Luna! I feel like I haven't seen you all day!" I said running to hug her.

"Oh yes Hermione sorry about that. Neville and I had lunch by the lake today, there was some new water plant in bloom that he wanted to examine." She said airily. "I really like him you know. He really is quite spectacular."

"Well good on you Luna." Ginny said. " We are so happy for you two! There was never a better pair!" She added smiling.

"Hey, what are you doing for dinner tonight? Are you going to the Great Hall or staying in?" I asked Luna stealing a sideways glance at Ginny and making sure she was okay with what I was about to suggest.

"Well, actually, Neville and I had plans to just eat in the Great Hall tonight but on our way back from lunch we bumped into Harry and he didn't seem very happy so Neville decided he may have to spend time being a friend tonight. I'm not the best cook either so I was going to wonder down to the Hall anyway." She replied.

"No need! Hermione and I will cook dinner tonight and you're invited. Girls night!" Ginny said kindly.

"Well I imagine that would be quite lovely. You really don't mind? I've already imposed on you two enough." She said.

"Luna," I cried. "You aren't imposing on us! You are our friend. You're one of us. Surely you know this by now! You're coming to dinner. We will sneak wine from the kitchen and have a full girls night in nighties and silk dressing gowns, junk food and wine, mani's and pedi's, facemasks and hair wraps, the works!" I smiled as I saw the excitement of tonight's antics reflect in both of my friends eyes.

"Right, that's that then! Luna, come with me, we're going down to the kitchens to get things for tonight. Hermione, because Charms and Transfiguration are your forte, you set up the room." Ginny said taking charge. I loved when she went into leadership mode.

As Luna and Ginny left I headed upstairs to my room. It would be the best option for our slumber party seeing as the bathroom was on the opposite side of my wall. I set my bag down and got to work. I pulled my wand out and pointed it at my bed.

'Engorgio' I muttered.

My bed started to grow until I felt it would be big enough for Ginny, Luna and I to sleep in. Next I added extra pillows and throws to the bed making sure it was comfy enough. I positioned the bed on one side of the room. On the opposite side, I turned to the wall separating my room from the bathroom. Tracing a huge entrance way onto the wall, I charmed it so that the wall would fall away connecting the bathroom to my bedroom. I quickly set up a face masking table on the vanity adding a bowl of freshly sliced cucumber from the kitchen fridge like I'd seen in a muggle chick flick once. Pointing my wand at the bathtub next, I duplicated it twice placing the three identical bathtubs side by side. I began filling them with hot water and sprinkled eucalyptus salts combined with a mint bath bomb each. As the glitter and bubbles fizzed to life, I summoned three fluffy black towels, three pairs of fluffy black slippers and three silky satin robes each in a different color (scarlett red, sapphire blue and emerald green) from my trunk and hung them on the wall hooks above each bath. Placing bath mats and other little details in the bathroom I went back to setting up my room. Throwing three pillows from the mountainous pile on my bed, on the ground, I changed them to bean bags and levitated one of my bedside tables to the center of the bean bags for our snacks and wine. I summoned all the nail polish bottles in the dorm to my room along with nail files, cotton balls and toe separators, placing them on a stand I conjured out of thin air. I gave the room shades of pastel pinks and purples making sure that everything looked girly but sophisticated. I examined the room and smiled at my end result. I checked the temperature of the bath waters and bewitched them to stay at that temperature. I added final touches, rose petals and scented candles, to the bathroom and left the room to go downstairs.