Chapter Thirty-Nine - Finals and Aunty Ginny

Draco POV:

After the trainers (who turned out to be undercover agents) left, I turned to Hermione. She had a sort of worried expression on her face. My brow furrowed.

"Love?" I said wrapping my arms around her. We sat together on the cold sandy beach, a gentle breeze ruffling her crazy hair.

"Hmm?" She replied not really there at all.

"Don't worry love. We don't need to make any decisions untill after graduation." I told her.

"Yeah but-" she started to say.

"But nothing! I flew in a damn aeroplane to get here and trust me I'm NOT looking forward to going back. Seeing as there's no resits tomorrow I'm guessing we'll be moving on with the trip so can you stop worrying that brilliant brain of yours for one night and enjoy being on a beach in Italy with me?"

At that, she smiled and launched herself at me, attacking my lips in kisses.

The rest of the night was spent drinking cocktails, dancing, a few games of beach volleyball and Blaise discovered he was highly skilled at Limbo. Theo reckoned that was because he was used to bending over backwards for the firecracker.

I don't remember what time we all went to bed but when I woke up in a hammock on the beach, morning sun in my face and bushy hair tickling my face,I didn't complain.

Hermione POV:

I woke in a hammock on the beach in Draco's arms. Bliss. I thought to myself. If you had described this scene to me when I was 12, I would have told you you were barking mad. But being here right now was pure heaven. I didn't even mind the ache going through my body from the courses yesterday or the slight pounding of my head most likely from the cocktails I drank last night.

"Miss Granger! Mr. Malfoy!" A stern, unimpressed Professor McGonagall came marching up to us. "There you two are! We've been searching the whole complex! It was only on a whim that I decided to check here. My goodness! Get your things. Miss Weasley and Mr Zabini have been kind enough to pack your bags. We need to get to the airport, check in is NOW!" McGonagall straightened my dress before apparating us both to the airport where the rest of the class stood waiting with Madame Hooch.

I stood blushing furiously but Draco fully owned it slinging his arm over me and kissing my head.

The rest of the class shared a scattered, slightly irritated expression as we made our way to the check in terminals.

After a somewhat humourous flight (due to Draco's newly developed fear) in Premium Economy next to the rest of the class, (Professor McGonagall had made sure to keep a watchful eye on us this time so Draco couldn't sneakily upgrade us again, and I was grateful) we landed in Hungary.

Being in a very different country again, I realized that like muggles, witches and wizard customs varied between races and cultures. When I really thought about it, I had known this since the 4th year when the students of Durmstrang and Beaubaxtons had stayed at Hogwarts.

From Hungary to Germany, Latvia to Slovakia, Ukraine to Romania, finally it was time to head back to England.

Draco had learnt a new way of coping with his fear of flying (or rather, not cope) by brewing himself a potion that was designed to knock him out royally for the duration of each flight.

He thought it was genius but really, I had to put up with a ravenous boyfriend who every now and then would throw a fit because he was either tired (despite having just slept several hours) or hungry.

The night before we were due back to England I sat in the room of our hostel with Ginny, eating corn chips as she charmed her hair different colors.