Chapter Thirty-Four - The Aftermath

Hermione POV:

I woke in Draco's bed, his pale arms wrapped around me. I could feel his breath on my neck as he slept. I wriggled round and kissed him while he slept. Burning tears spilled down my cheeks as I did so.

He woke and felt my lips on his. He automatically kissed me back opening his mouth to let me in. He felt my tears touch his cheeks and he pulled back confused.

"I was so scared you wouldn't come back." I sobbed.

He pulled me into his chest and held me. "Awww no love. Don't cry! I'm right here, stop."

As hard as I tried, the tears wouldn't stop. I began to hiccup. He held me tight and I heard a low grumbling in his chest.

He was angry.

"I never should have left you alone. You should have been with someone. I'm sorry." He said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I shouldn't say right now. I think we should get up. You have to be back at Hogwarts by eight." He said getting up.

"Don't you mean we?" I asked a little confused. I sat up to look at him better.

He sighed. "Hermione, my father's dead. My mother killed him last night."

I gasped. Oh. My. God.

He saw my shocked face and he turned away. "I'm sorry I had to spring that on you but it may have gotten out already at school and I don't want you to hear about it from somewhere else."

"Draco stop apologizing! You've done absolutely nothing wrong." I told him. He sighed again and sat on the edge of the bed.

I crawled over to him and knelt behind him with my legs parted on either side of him. I wrapped my arms around him and kissed his bare back.

I trailed kisses up his back to his shoulder and lay my head there. "Will you be okay?" I whispered.

"Eventually." He said in a monotonous voice. "Once I get you back to Hogwarts, I'll go back to my mother's."

I nodded against his shoulder. "Let me know if you need anything?"

He turned around to look at me and I lifted my head.

"I need you. Right now, I need you. I need you to know how much I love you." He said desperately.

Standing up and turning fully he dove on top of me locking his lips with mine.

His tongue thrashed about inside my mouth, as I felt his soft lips pressed to mine. My hands found fistfuls of his hair as he pinned me down on the bed.

Lips never leaving mine, he ripped open his shirt I was still wearing. His hand reached for my breast and squeezed hard. I let out an internal moan and he let go, reaching to remove his boxers.

I felt the liquid between my legs pool over as the soft skin of his manhood brushed against my thigh. In an instant he was inside me.

He let out a huge breath through his nose and the grip I had on his hair tightened. He pushed his lips firmly into mine before drawing back for air.

He only drew back enough to take a breath before speaking against my lips.

"I love you Hermione." He told me. "So so much."

He continued to move in and out of me slowly and passionately. I could feel the love literally oozing from him.

I moaned as I looked into his eyes and saw them alight with love.