Chapter Thirty-One - Valentine's Day Pt. I

Hermione POV:

As Valentines Day arrived, the castle got noticeably more festive again. Little cupids floated around the castle shooting little bows at people's backs and bursting into tiny little hearts that fell to the floor and dissolved into the ground. Professor Flitwick could be seen charming the decorations to sing love notes as people walked past and Professor McGonagall had at least one encounter with Peeves every day as he continuously got up to mischief mocking the season all together. Today he had chosen to blow condoms up as balloons and hang them all about the castle with rude sex advice written on them or pictures illustrating compromising sex positions.

Ginny felt they were well thought up and Blaise agreed. I rolled my eyes and walked off to find Draco, leaving them silently flirting with each other.

I found him eating in the Great Hall. "I did it!" I announced as I walked up to him. He smiled at me and pushed the bench out beneath him as I sat on his lap at the Slytherin table and kissed him deeply. I never was one for PDA but it was Valentine's Day and quite frankly, after getting my results back, I didn't give a Whomping Willow.

I pulled away from him and laughed. "You taste like chicken. I swear you eat too much chicken."

"I eat more of you than I do chicken." He said back cheekily.

I blushed.

"Oh get a room you two." Theo sat down at the table. "Granger, fancy seeing you here."

It was true. I'd never sat at the Slytherin table before like this. Especially not on Draco Malfoy!

Theo looked suddenly apprehensive. "Uh, seen your pal Lovegood lately?" He spoke in a very low tone and Draco's face turned mischievous.

"Why's that Nott? Got something to admit to her finally? Maybe a fresh batch of feelings?" Draco taunted.

Theo threw cabbage salad across the table and I growled at him. "Fuck up Drake. You know it isn't like that."

"Sure it isn't." Draco said sarcastically, taking a sip of his juice.

"As I live with her, of course." I pulled a grape from the bowl in the middle of the table and put it in my mouth. "Throw food at me again and I'll strap you into a high chair."

Wow. This table really stimulated great insults. Hah, funny.

"Sorry about that. I was aiming for him." Theo apologized.

"Apology accepted. Now, what can I do for you Theo?" I asked nicely.

Theo looked shocked at my sudden change in niceties but recovered enough to speak.

"I was hoping you could give her this." He handed me an envelope.

"Love letters? Really? Why not just man up and ask her out?" Draco pressed further.

Theo's fist clenched round his fork. He looked ready to punch someone.

"Sup boys!" Blaise sat down. "Hey Hermione."

"Hello Blaise." I said back.

"Ooh, Theo. I just saw your true love skipping through the corridors now. Head in the clouds as usual." Blaise teased.

"That's it!" Theo slammed down his fork and launched himself at Blaise, hands around his throat. Blaise who had no idea why Theo was riled up fought back and next thing you know they were having a full blown fist fight.

Draco shook with laughter. "Draco. That's not funny. You started that one."

"I know, it's hilarious right?" He laughed.