Chapter Fifteen - The Wrath of an Old Friend

Hermione's Dream:

I ran through the woods, pushing past branches and leaves, stumbling along stones, twigs and tree roots as I navigated my way blindly through the pitch black forest. They were after me and they were gaining on me too. I tripped and fell as the tree root sticking out of the ground rose up further. I tasted the metal-like blood in my mouth as I rolled over to face the cloaked figure standing over me. He waved his wand and the silver mask over his face dissolved. Lucius Malfoy sneered down at me and he flicked his wand. Invisible ropes bound my wrists and legs as he stood over me. 'You dare lead my son astray?' he drawled. 'I think my dear sister in law carved out the wrong part of you'. 'Crucio!' he sneered. I writhed in agony as I felt the intense pain spread throughout my entire body. He cackled as he drew his wand back. With another flick I felt a white hot pain across my face. I felt the blood dripping into my eyes and as I looked up at him I saw what he had done reflected in his steely eyes. Across my face, he had slashed into it the word 'FILTH' in huge capital letters. I looked over his shoulder and saw Draco's form standing there in a wisp of smoke wearing the clothes he wore last night. 'Hermione please wake up. It's just a dream.' he pleaded.

Hermione POV:

I woke with a start, tears streaming down my face. "Come here." Draco wrapped me in his arms and held me as I cried. Ginny and Blaise just stood there looking helpless.

"What happened?!" Ginny demanded looking at Draco.

"She had a nightmare." Draco said. "She was in a deep state of consciousness though, I had to use Legilimency to get her out."

"Shit Draco, I didn't know you could do that." Blaise said quietly.

"My family come from a long line of skilled Legilimens. It's why the Dark Lord recruited my father in the first place." Draco whispered as he stroked my hair.

"How did this happen? What exactly did happen??" Ginny asked confused.

"My father knows." Draco answered in a barely audible voice. "He must of used Legilimency to intimidate Hermione. I have to speak with him. I need to know what he's feeling to protect her. To protect us."

"Drake. You can't." Blaise trailed off. "You know what he'll do to you. He could kill you." He looked at his feet. "I'm coming with you." He said with finality.

"To Azkaban?" Ginny asked. Draco took a sharp breath and Blaise gave a curt nod.

Ginny hugged Blaise tight and I finally looked up at everyone. I touched my face tenderly. It felt like the word was still on my face. Draco grabbed my hand and squeezed it tight. "You're fine baby. He'll never touch you. I swear on my life." He kissed my cheek and got up to help me to my feet. I wore his jacket and Ginny wore Blaise's. We cleaned up the classroom and disposed of the Fire-whiskey bottles. I put the fire out and we headed back to our dorm. As we left the comfort of the closed classroom to step down the ladder I felt the chill in the corridors outside. Even with Draco's jacket on, it was freezing out here. Barefoot and only in a satin dress, I ran along the halls trying to get back to our dorm as soon as possible. My heels swung in my hand as I reached the portrait that protected our dorm.

"We really need to change this password." Ginny said. "Especially now."

"As soon as we see Luna." I promised. "Corona Borealis"