Chapter Twenty-Five - He Loves Me

Hermione POV:

Breakfast finished and Ginny and I were on wash up duty. Draco had gone to spend time with his mother and Andromeda and Ted had gone to see their grandson.

"Did you sleep well last night?" Ginny asked me.

"Like a log." I replied smiling.

She grinned at me as she handed me a plate to dry. We could have sat at the table and charmed the dishes to do themselves but Ginny and I frequently did our own dishes at home and it gave us something to do.

"Where's Blaise gone?" I asked Ginny.

"Oh he's talking to Alessandria about Romania. He spent a summer there once." She said casually. "She's not half bad huh?" She turned cautiously toward me.

"Uh, I guess. I'm not sure. I've only met her briefly last night but yeah, she's lovely from what I know of her." I said to Ginny.

"Yeah fair enough." Ginny replied. "Ron told me she used to go to Beaubaxtons and that she was at Hogwarts during the Triwizard Tornament. I don't remember seeing her there."

"Neither do I." I confessed. "Although to be fair, I didn't really look either."

Just then, Mrs Weasley came into the kitchen carrying ink and parchment. "Now you two, with all the commotion last night, I forgot to send off letters to Minerva McGonagall, excusing you for the week. Good thing it's Sunday today. Imagine if you had've had class today?" She shook her head.

"Oh, mum! I told you last night that we don't need a whole week off school. Christmas is just around the corner soon and I will be back home then." Ginny huffed. Her mother rolled her eyes.

"Oh alright!" She said wrapping her daughter in a huge hug. "But visit us more often during the weekends. Your father and I have been here for you longer than any boy that's for sure!"

Ginny smiled into her mothers shoulder.

"And you too Hermione! Come here!" She said pulling me in. "I'm proud of you for being with the Malfoy boy. I don't know him but I have reason to believe that he will be good to you."

She kissed the tops of our heads before letting us go.

"I've been talking with Narcissa and Andromeda. They have been working on plans to relocate for their safety until Lucius has been apprehended. I have offered that they stay as long as they wish and they have graciously accepted." She said. "I feel comfortable for you two to return to school however I will send you a howler should I not see or hear from you between now and Christmas." She smiled but the stern look in her eyes told me she was kind of serious.

We kissed her again and headed out the door towards our tents to gather our belongings.

Draco POV:

I watched as my mother and her sister walked through the Weasley's gardens. This farm-style home was in actual fact very beautiful in it's own rustic way. It's never a home I'd choose to live in myself but the love and unity you felt when you were here was something our Manor had never had. I saw Weaselby come out of the house. He glared a little as his petite Romanian girlfriend laughed aloud at something Blaise had just said. I started towards him.

"Uh- Ron." I said awkwardly. "May I speak to you for a moment." Ron looked stunned but he followed me toward the field anyway. I stopped in the middle of the field and so did he.

"Listen, I wanted to apologise to you. Over the years I have tormented you about being poor and having no money. But being here with you and your family has made me realize something. I was the poor one. I was the one who was missing out. What you and your family have, the home and the love, no amount of money could ever buy something so precious and I was too narrow-minded to see that then. I see it now and I'm sorry for everything I have ever said. If I knew then what I know now, I would envy you. I would have given anything to live how you had. Cherished and loved." I chanced a look at him.