Chapter Nineteen - Breakfast Conversation

Hermione POV:

I woke to the scraping noises and screehes of an owl at my bedroom window.

What? I thought to myself as I shimmied out of the pale arms of a sleeping Draco. I crept quietly to the window, careful not to wake him. Slowly opening the window, I let the owl in. Untying the letter from the tawny owls leg, I quickly ripped open the letter and read through it.

Dear Hermione,

What the hell is going on? Ginny sent me the same sort of ominous letter about a week ago. What's going on? I'm not in Romania at the moment, I was actually heading back to the burrow for the next few months so I could be with mum and dad for Christmas. I stopped in Hogsmead to catch up with Ginny and then I got your letter. I'll be at Hogwarts at 7am, we can talk before you guys go to class. Talk soon.

Ron.

I skimmed over the letter a second time for good measure and my eyes darted to the wristwatch that sat on my dresser. Fuck! It's 7:30am! I bolted to my closet throwing on some black boxer shorts and a grey knitted jumper with an oversized hood to hide the marks around my collarbone that Draco had left there the previous night. I pulled my nicely tousled curls into a high bun and slipped on a pair of slippers as I quickly but quietly left the room. I dashed down the flight of stairs hoping Ginny was up already and the smell of bacon wafted through the common room area. I entered the room to find Ron sitting on the couch by the fire and Ginny nervously skitting about the kitchen.

"Hermione!" Ron stood as I walked closer, a look of shock stuck on my face as I accepted Ron's bear hug.

"Hello Ronald." I said trying my best not to seem on edge.

My eyes moved to Ginny who entered the room as soon as she heard my name called. Ginny gave me a nervous look as her eyes darted towards the second floor where she knew Draco was sound asleep in my bedroom. I grimaced back.

"Now that you guys are both here, will you tell me what the hell is going on?" Ron demanded.

I took a few deep breaths before speaking. "Ron, in order to say what I need to say there's something you should know first." I swore as I realized I was about to sign my death certificate.

"Well come on then spit it out." He said impatiently.

Just then I heard my bedroom door open and I froze.

"Granger!" Draco called. "You're damn lucky I can smell bacon or I'd be fuming that you let me wake up alone."

I closed my eyes as Draco Malfoy reached the landing in nothing but a pair of black silk boxers. Ginny smacked her palm to her forehead and Ron's jaw hit the ground.

Draco saw Ron standing there absolutely gobsmacked and I saw the faintest look of embarrassment flash across Draco's face. Draco quickly set his jaw and darkened his features casually striding over to me and pulling me into an intimate kiss before strutting into the kitchen. We all stood in silence as he came back with a drink in his hand, sat on the couch and turned to Ron.

"Thought you were too dumb to come back Weasel." He said taking a sip from his glass.

Ron's face reached a new shade of red I'd never seen before in all the years I'd known him.

"MALFOY! What the FUCKS going on?!" Ron shouted to no one and everyone in the room at the same time.

"Ronald please just calm down and let me explain." I said in a shaky voice.

"YOU!" Ron said with a wild look in his eyes. "YOU DON'T EVEN SPEAK TO ME!" He roared. "YOU TRAITOROUS LITTLE-"

"Oi! Pighead! You don't talk to her like tha-" Draco started.