Coffee or Tea?

"Alright, boss lady wants me to train you so I'll make it fast," my coworker Serena said leaning across the counter. Her curly hair was tied back into a low ponytail and a small gold chain hung from around her neck.
"Ok." I watched as she slowly slinked around the counter. The museum was busy today. Families rushed in, couples came wrapped in each other's arms and occasionally there would be a school tour marching through.
"Good morning, how can I help you?" I asked as a woman approached. She wore a nicely pressed blazer, white blouse and a matching skirt. Her blonde hair was tightly pulled into a bun. However, she seemed too preoccupied to have heard me.
"Tall macchiato with two shots of expresso," she said. Serena reached from behind me and typed her numbers into the cash register.
"You press macchiato first and then press--"
"Could you hurry up and make my drink Serena? I don't have time for a new person." She scoffed with a grin on her face. My face burned with embarrassment.  Serena made her drink and punched in her order.
"That'll be 4.50," I mumbled. I reached out my hand and she slapped a 5 dollar bill under it.
"Keep the change," she said walking away. Her heels echoed down the hallway.
"Bitch," Serena said leaning on the counter. I looked at her and let out a short laugh.
"Are they all like this?" I asked.
"Leanna, every white person who thinks they're entitled and better than you are like that. Don't feel bad though," she said slapping my shoulder. I nodded my head and studied the screen. I'm not going to cry on my first day. I won't let it happen. I pushed back the thoughts and focused on the screen.
"How about this, you ring them up and I do everything else."
"Ok."

By the afternoon I was ringing people up like a pro. It was only 12:45 and overdue for my break. Serena was texting away at her phone.
"Hey Serena can I go on my break?" I asked. She just shrugged and kept typing away. I slid off my apron and walked out from behind the counter. I've only visited this museum twice and it was for a class project. I walked down the West African exhibit hallway. There weren't many people coming this way. I walked into the exhibit and marveled at a mask in the glass.
"Nice isn't it?" A voice said from beside me. A guy with glasses and jean jacket stood beside me. His hair faded with locs on the top pushed to the side.
"Yeah I guess," I said lowly taking a step from him. He was intimidatingly gorgeous. There was a familiar clicking of heels and internally I groaned.
"Hey, cafe girl," her voice sent chills down my spine but not out of fear. I turned and looked her in the eyes. She cleared her throat and then sipped on her drink. I walked over to another exhibit and she began chatting him up.
"You don't even know what you put in your body," the guy yelled suddenly. I turned back to them and the woman looked at me with squinted eyes. She fell to the ground sputtering.
"Help she need some help over here!" He yelled. I ran over and kneeled by her. The guy grabbed my arm and yanked me away.
"What are you doing she needs help!" I yelled. He just gripped my arm and pulled me aside. The paramedics came down the hall along with the security guards.
"Might want to close your eyes sweetheart," he whispered in my ear. I looked at him with raised eyebrows. Then loud pops echoed around the room. The paramedic shot the woman and the security guards.
"Oh my..." I yelled and then he turned and pointed the gun at me.
"Nah man not her," the guy who had my arm released me and walked over to the glass display. My mind could not wrap around what I was seeing.
"Is that vibranium too?" The paramedic asked.
"Nah, I'm just feeling it."