Revival

Explicit Content. This chapter takes place in EndGame so you've been warned.

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months before we went back home. I had been delaying the inevitable fearful of what the outcome might bring. It was weird traveling through the bare airports as people tried to resume their lives without the lives of their loved ones. Eric held Juju in his arms and lugged our luggage with his other arm. I walked with folded arms careful not to meet the gaze of others. It wasn't that I didn't want to talk to anyone but rather I wanted to evade their empty looks. Especially with Juju. I would get looks from mothers that were glazed over and yearning. Then they would turn their heads and hold back their tears. It broke my heart as well as theirs.
"Do you think taxi's are running?" I asked Eric. He shrugged his shoulders and kept walking until we got off the skywalk and out into the streets. The bridges were crumbling, cars were either piled on each other or wrapped around poles. Most of the stores on the block were gifted the black kiss of death from the flames that once were.
"Damn," Eric said lowly. Juju stirred in his arms and we kept walking. The light poles that once lined the street were broken in half with tangled wires.
"Mommy?" Juju groaned. She lifted her head and looked at me.
"Yes baby?" I said rubbing her small arm. She sighed and turned her head away from me. I recoiled and kept walking. As we kept walking in the street, weaving through cars, I noticed a small motel with a flickering light.
"I think that the motel might be open," I suggested. Eric looked and stopped walking.
"It's not safe," he said. I looked back over at it. There was nothing on top of it, no broken windows, no signs of danger.
"Well, we're not going to be walking around aimlessly," I snapped. Eric turned to me and shot me look as if to say don't—start— this—shit. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Juju from him. I walked over to the motel not waiting to see if Eric would follow. A small older man held the door open for me.
"It's good to see you this evening," he said in raspy voice. I gave a slight smile and he directed me into a small office.
"It's good to be seen sir," I said. I sat down in a small chair with Juju on my lap. The old man sat across from me and pulled out a slip of paper.
"I'm not going to charge you for your stay. I just need to know how long you're staying for," he said sliding the paper over to me. I wasn't sure how long we were staying.
"How did your motel hold up with everything that happened?" I asked writing down three days. He chuckled and pointed a wrinkled pointer finger up towards the ceiling.
"The big man upstairs I suppose," he said. I smiled and slid the paper back to him. The bells chimed and the man looked behind me. Eric came in and stood behind me. A cool chill ran down my back as I felt his presence. The old man handed over the keys and directed us to the room.

The motel room wasn't bad and was actually spotless. The only problem I had was the occasional sobs that came from the rooms on both side of us. I laid at the foot of the bed while Eric slept on the floor and Juju was sprawled out in the middle. Juju rammed her little foot in the back of my head for the third time. I swung my legs over and poked Eric in the eye who jumped up like a bat out of hell. Clutching his eye he stared down at me and I froze. Everything in my body wanted to laugh but I knew he would take it the wrong way. I stifled a laugh and pulled him to me.
"I'm sorry," I whispered. He shook his head and leaned down. My heart pounded in my chest as he hovered above me. He kissed me gently and then wrapped his arms around my waist before picking me up. I tried to keep up with his pace and his tongue feverishly explores my mouth. I tried to breakaway to breathe but he was back on me again. He pushed me down onto the bed and straddled me. My hands trembled at the top his pants as he kissed down my neck. I flinched as I was kicked in the head again.
"Eric...Eric the baby is in here. We can't—," I said but to me it all sounded like mumbled words. He picked me up and carried me into the bathroom. My back slammed against the wall and I winced. He pulled my underwear down and that's when it hit me. I squeezed my legs closed although I wanted to give in. Eric stopped and looked at me with clouded eyes.
"I need you," He said lowly and brushed his lips along my neck. I put my legs down and put my hands on his chest. He groaned and backed away. I pushed him back into the wall and kneeled down to him. Just as I opened my mouth there was a faint knock on the door.
"Mommy, I have to potty." I stood up and Eric and I both laughed. He pulled his pants up and I fixed myself.
"Ok baby," I said.