The Blip

"I can't believe it's been five years," T'Challa said as he brought his coffe up to his lips. I squeezed Erik's hand. Okoye and I exchanged glances.
"It's been...rough. Have you talked to Shuri?" Erik asked. T'Challa smiled and lifted his feet up revealing black shoes.
"She made me her new sneakers," T'Challa laughed. I stood up and stretched.
"I'm going to go pick Juju up from school," I say kissing Erik on the forehead. I hugged Okoye and T'Challa before heading out. Our apartment building roared with life. Kids ran up and down the steps. Adults sat on the stairs conversing. Someone next door was playing the Iron Man tribute parade ceremony for the 13th time—on blast might I add. I skipped down the steps and started to open the main door, but froze with my hand on the handle.
"I see you haven't lost your touch," Fury's familiar voice echoed in the stairwell. I turned on my heels and leaned on the door.
"How long were you waiting there?" I asked with a smile. Fury emerged from out under the stairs.
"Long enough," he smiled as I shook his hand, "I would come up but I didn't want to ruin your family moment."
"I'm going to pick up the baby now. You can head up if you want?" I offered. Fury shook his head.
"I'm a busy man, I just wanted to say hello."
"Sure." I turned back around and headed out of the building.
"Have you talked to Clint?" Fury asked. I turned back around and scratched my head.
"Why would I talk to Clint?" I asked. Fury frowned up his face and handed me a card.
"Give him a call. It's about Natasha."
"What about Nat?" My throat clenched as I forced the words out of my mouth. Fury lowered his head and patted my shoulder.
"Just give him a call."

As I walked to Juju's school my head swirled with thoughts. I hadn't talked to Nat in a long while. I was too caught up in my own life for the past five years to think about anything else. I knew that Tony Stark and many others died but a lot of people came back. Obviously. It was nice to see the streets cleaned up and filled again but it also felt weird. It's been a while since the snap and people have aged five years. My mother was now 67 and my grandmother had passed away. Juju was now 8 and suffering from nightmares and night tremors. Each night Erik and I are woken up by Juju's pointy elbows as she climbs in between us. Sometimes her small face presses against my shirt and I can feel her tears staining it. Erik hardly likes to let us out of his sight. I can walk to go get Juju but if I'm going anywhere other then I can't go alone. T'Challa and Okoye stop by frequently almost as if we can't bare to be far away from each other. T'Challa spends his time here trying to coax us to move to Wakanda. I told Erik it may not be a bad idea but he just shoots the idea down.
"Mom!" Juju shouted making me jump. I was standing at the front of the school building staring at a window.
"Hey baby," I hugged her as she pounced on me.
"Where's dad?" She asked. Her small face was slightly purple under her right eye. I grabbed her chin gently and tilted her head up.
"Did you get hit in the eye?" I asked careful not to shout. If I shouted Juju would withdraw and say nothing. She twisted one of her braids and sighed.
"I fell down," she muttered. My heart skipped and I pushed her forward so we could walk.
"Let's talk about it when we get home."

"She didn't fucking fall babe. That's bullshit!" Erik shouted. I cringed and crossed my arms.
"I know."
"And you ain't do shit?" Erik snapped. I looked at him fiercely. Juju was off on a walk around the neighborhood with Okoye and T'Challa. Erik blew out a shaky breath. His whole body shook as he paced around the kitchen.
"I told her we would talk about it when we get home," I sighed.
"Ok, we home. Now what? Someone hit our baby in the face babe. How are you so calm?" Erik snapped. I shook my head.
"Listen, when—." The front door bursted open and Juju came in humming. Okoye followed behind her with Starbucks. T'Challa glided in and spun on his heels. Erik and I both looked at each other with raised eyebrows.
"What happened to you?" Erik asked crossing his arms. Okoye rolled her eyes.
"Uncle T'Challa met a pretty woman with white hair on our walk." Juju said flopping on the couch.
"Oooh did you get a name?" I asked. T'Challa smiled from ear to ear.
"Her name is Ororo."