Knock knock

"Shuri...Juju doesn't need all of this," I said. Shuri had made over the baby room. A wide screen sat on the wall connected to a smaller monitor by the rocking chair. She had a holographic zoo projecting in the middle of the floor. Juju played with her new..."sneakers."
"Sure you do, it's an improvement," she said flopping on the bean bag. She and T'Challa were visiting for a week. It was my job to keep Shuri busy while Erik and T'Challa went out to get breakfast.
"Thank you Shuri-"
"No problem, that's what family is for," she crossed her legs, "we should go to the park up the street so I can test out my new hover bike."
"No! Shuri, you test that thing and then you'll be going home without it. The kids here are tricky," I laughed. She gave me a look and rolled her eyes.
"Ok ok well can I watch Juju while you go to the market and pick up that vanilla bean Ben and Jerry's ice cream?"
"Oh so you just gonna make plans for me?" I laughed. I guess I could go to the market and pick up dinner. Although T'Challa would probably rather we eat out at a restaurant.
I walked out and grabbed my house keys.
"Shuri, if Juju gets hungry her cereal is in the fridge."
"Ok!"

I walked out of the apartment and jogged down the steps. It was cool out and I zipped my jacket up. Instead of taking the car I walked. Only because the market was right around the corner. I was halfway up the block when a sleek black car slowed down next to me.
"Aye ma let me get yo number."
I kept walking looking straight forward.
"Damn baby thick, come on I know you cold!"
I walked faster my heart jumping around in my chest. I heard the car click to a stop and the car door slam shut.
"Don't you hear me talking to you?" I whipped around and sucked my teeth. Erik fell out on the ground holding his stomach.
"A keke nothing. You scared the shit out of me!" I said kicking his leg. I looked at the car and T'Challa waved from the drivers seat.
"It was his idea," T'Challa said raising his hands in defense.
"Babe you should have seen the look on your face," Erik said gasping. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. T'Challa slowly drove beside me. Erik caught up and wrapped his arm around me.
"Where you going?"
"To the store, Shuri wants Ben and Jerry's ice cream,"
"We'll drive you,"
"Fine." I stopped walking and hopped in the car.  When we got to the market it was crowded as ever. Everybody and their mama were here. I stalked down the aisle and I caught women staring at me. One young woman, probably a few years younger than me, mugged me hard.
"I'll push the cart!" T'Challa said nudging me out the way. We turned down the empty dessert aisle. T'Challa hoisted himself on the cart and sped down with his feet in the air. Erik raced behind him. I opened the freezer and grabbed the ice cream. Beside me a woman opened another freezer and reached in.
"Hello," she said. She picked up a frozen dinner.
"Hi," I said walking away. She leaned up and I eyed her wearily. She reached into her purse and pulled out a gun.
"This is for Klaue!" She shouted. I pushed her arm out of the way just as she pulled the trigger. She swerved her cart into me and then ran away.
"What happened!" Erik and T'Challa asked running back.
"This is bad..." I said peering down at the other freezers where the bullets had spewed into.