Warrior Falls

"You must be starving," a young girl said hovering above me. She had braids in her hair wrapped up in a bun. Her small face curious and slim. I stood patiently between two of the, what they call, dora milaje. My stomach did growl but I didn't want to eat anything. I felt uneasy as soon as I woke up this morning.

"Ayo, get the girl coffee and a muffin or something. If she doesn't eat soon she'll be as skinny as me," the girl laughed. She was tinkering with some sort of beaded bracelet.

"Yes Princess," the dora milaje, Ayo, said. She drove her staff into the floor and walked out.  I stayed put. The Princess looked over her shoulder at me.

"What I don't understand is how you ended up with a guy like Killmonger," she said. With one flick of her wrist Erik was on a screen.

"W-who is Killmonger?" I said confused. The Princess looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"The guy you came here with genius. He's Killmonger, Erik Killmonger American Black-ops soldier. That's how he got his name. He is here to avenge my...Uncle," she walked to me holding out her hand. I guess it took too long for me to respond because the other dora milaje grabbed my arm. The princess snapped some metal bracelet around my wrist and stared me in the eye.

"Why are you here?"

"He told me that...I don't know anymore," I said honestly. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling blinking back the tears.

"I'm sorry...you can take her back," the dora milaje grabbed my forearm and dragged me out. When I got back to the cell Erik was there doing push ups. His shirt was off and once they closed the cell door I froze in place. He got up and paused. There were markings on his arms and chest running down his abdomen.

"Are you scared of me now?" he asked. I shook my head silently although I was trembling.

  "No."

"If I lose this challenge they'll kill us both," he said and it sparked rage in me. Something deep rooted and seething boiled in my chest.

"Excuse you?" I said.

"There she is," he chuckled and it only infuriated me more. I stormed up to him and got in his face. I raised my hand and slapped him across the face.

"whoooo," he blew out. Suddenly, I found myself on my ass. I got up and took a step back.

"Bet your own life!" I yelled. Erik stepped towards me slowly and strategically. I stepped back and hit the wall. He raised one arm above me and leaned in close. His breath was on my neck I looked away from him. His lips skimmed up my neck and to my ear sending chills down my spine.

"I already have sweetheart," he grabbed my chin roughly and kissed me. I tried to back away but my head was already against the wall.

"E-Erik stop," I said and he backed away. He shook his finger in my direction grinning.

"I'll take my time with you."

***

"T'Challa...T'Challa...T'Challa," the crowd chanted. I was standing beside the priest with his purple robe on. For some odd reason I felt comfortable next to him. Could be because he reminded me of my mother in a way. All of the tribes watched from the ledges on the side of the waterfall dressed in every color in the rainbow. Erik slashed the Kings thigh and a gasp echoed throughout the crowd. They were battling it out. Erik kicked the king down and the guy next to me ran out.

"He killed your father trying to protect me...take me," he yelled.

"No Zuri!" the King yelled from the ground. Erik grinned and pointed at him.

"How is it that you, Zuri, can sit up here and play father to a man who isn't even your own blood. Not even your own child," Erik said and a silence fell. Erik raised his dagger towards me and all eyes were on me. Someone grabbed me by the shoulder and turned me around. It was the woman with the crown.

"No." she whimpered.

"Sweetheart, your father stands here playing father to this here King while he forgot all about you and your mother in Oakland," Erik said. I turned back around and the man, Zuri, stared back at me.

"Leanna...Nitambi...my child," Zuri said and my heart leaped. All the memories of my dad before he left flooded my memory.

"Daddy..." I went to run with him, tears in my eyes when he paused and the dagger pierced through him. I screamed and ran towards him. Erik scooped me up and restrained me.

"NO...NOOOO!" the King cried. Erik placed me off to the side.