The Hotel

"Damn you're heavy."
I snapped out of my sleep with an even bigger headache. All I could see were neon lights on buildings outside and then small ceiling lights when we walked into a building. I licked my lips and noticed the tape was off. I looked up and the guy with locs looked down at me.
"So, you're awake now?" He said laughing. His chest rumbling against my side. All around us music blared and foreign words were thrown around. I couldn't even concentrate because of the headache and nausea. My face began to get hot and I a rush of heat travelled from my throat and out my mouth.
"Oh Fuck!" He yelled almost dropping me. We walked into a building and I counted the ceiling lights as we walked down a hallway. I was plopped down onto a bed and he ran into the bathroom. I picked my head up, my hands  and ankles were still bound together. I rolled off the bed and hit the floor with a thud. Face first.
"This was my favorite damn shirt," he grabbed my arm and pulled me back onto the bed. He carefully took the tape off from around my hands and ankle.
"Where's Serena?" I managed.
"She's minding her business." He said smiling. His teeth were white as hell.
"Could you please let me go?" I asked.
"I'm afraid we can't sweetheart. We got a job for you," he said. He lifted my foot and untied my shoes. I wanted to pull away but my legs felt like sandbags. He was careful placing my shoes on the side of the bed and gently lowering my legs.
"Who are you?"
"Me? I'm Erik and you are Leanna Harris born in Oakland, raised by your mother Julissa Harris a holistic doctor and priestess," he said. How'd he know that? He pushed me to the other side of the bed and climbed in. He must have seen the look on my face because he laughed loudly.
"Don't flatter yourself sweetheart. I have to make sure you don't leave."  He laid down on his back arms crossed. I slowly pulled my legs to my chest and winced. They felt like a thousand needles were sticking them. How did I ever get into the situation.

I couldn't sleep. Erik snored lightly, his arms clenched around my waist. I watched as the night lights turned off and the sun rose up into the sky outside the window. I blinked my eyes for one second and I found myself drifting off to sleep. Erik's arms retracted.
"You should have slept while you had the chance," Erik said startling me. I jumped out the bed and bumped into the wall. He got up and stretched. His shirt hugged his body tightly outlining the muscles in his arms and back. The door opened and Serena walked through in all black with a gun hanging from her waist strap.
"Good morning baby," she said walking over to Erik. She went to kiss him but he moved his head away and walked into the bathroom. She looked at me and I adverted my eyes.
"Stay there," she commanded and I nodded my head. She followed him inside and they shortly began arguing. I dashed for the door and fled down the hallway. An Asian woman pointed at me as I ran past her. The cream walls became a tunnel in my vision. The green EXIT sign by the stairwell illuminated the dim hallway. I pushed through the door and ran down the steps. I wonder what my mom's thinking or grandma. I even wondered if my dad called to see if I was ok. Turning to the next flight I was knocked off my feet and slammed into the wall, the air knocked out of me.
"You are one tricky woman," Erik said pressed against me. His locs drooping in front of his face. He was so close I could smell the citrusy soap he used.
"Just let me leave, I swear to you I won't tell a soul!" I cried. He looked at me with his dark brown eyes.
"You're our driver for today," he said laughing. He dragged me all the way back upstairs and into the room. Serena sat on the bed texting away. Erik tossed me towards her.
"Get her ready and cleaned up by noon." Serena nodded. Erik left out and Serena pushed me into the bathroom.
"You're more work than I thought," she said, "Don't try and escape from the window...it's a 12 story drop. Just wash up and hurry up!"