Saving a part of me

Past
"Blue likes to drop sometimes, one by one, but I don't mind," I sung lowly. I looked down at my baby with her small nose and long eyelashes. Her brown eyes tinted with grey like most newborns. Her little hair slicked down with coconut oil and a soft brush. She even had the new born smell still on her. I shifted slightly and she gazed up at me curiously then her flaky eyebrows raised up at me.
"What's that face? What kind of face is that?" I laughed. She grinned exposing the little dimples in her cheeks. This was my baby, to protect and love. My little girl to sing to when her nightmares got the best of her dreams. To wake up in the morning and do her hair in little braids and Bantu knots.

Present

I couldn't help but let the tears well up. I gave a slight cry quietly trying to contain my sobs. This jet couldn't move fast enough. Erik rubbed my back and I leaned down into his lap covering my face.
"My baby Erik, my baby," I cried unevenly. I couldn't catch my breath.
"Breathe babe just breathe, Juju is ok. When we get there her and Shuri will be kicking ass and taking names. Not to mention, you're gonna start fussing because she's probably going to be on that damn rhino," he said in my ear. I chuckled lightly at the image of small Juju steering the rhino out in the fields.
"She's going to be ok right?" I croaked. Erik leaned me up and cupped my chin.
"I promise and I will protect you two until my dying breath," He kissed my forehead and rubbed my back. I leaned up an wiped my tears. He raised his eyebrow and smiled his wide bright smile.
"What is it baby?" He asked.
"Erik, I think—." A blast shook the jet and we were jolted into the window violently. Something crashed into the jet.
"Fuck!" Erik shouted. I thought he was yelling about hurting something but he was gazing outside. I peered out the window and all of my fears were confirmed. Black alien looking creatures were breaking into the Wakanda force field. Two figures stood outside of it while I could see the red of the Dora Milaje, the blanket shields, and T'Challa standing next to what looked to be Rogers. I stood up and walked over to Nakia who was still in the Pilate's seat.
"Nakia, we need to get—oh my gosh!" I reeled back. Nakia was dead with a piece of metal shoved into her abdomen.
"What happened?" Erik ran up and then pulled me away. He pressed a button and the side of the jet opened up whisking papers and things out. Erik's lounging outfit shedded off as his Panther suit snaked onto him. He handed me a parachute and I slipped it on.
"I love you so much baby," I said.
"I love you too, now lets go get our daughter!" We took each other's hand and jumped out. The wind whipped at my face blowing my hair around. Below is was worse than what it looked like from within the jet. Bodies laid scattered on the ground. Everyone was fighting. Erik look at me and then took his mask off.
"Lose the parachute, we don't need them to see us from up here," he yelled. I quickly slid it off, my heart pounding. The drop felt like a never ending dip on a rollercoaster. I slid off the parachute and chucked it. He grabbed me up and held me to his chest tight.
"This is going to be rough," he said.
"When is it not?" I laughed painfully. We hit the ground. The kinetic energy in his suit blasting the creatures away. We had actually landed not too far from Thor.
"Thor!" I yelled. He turned around whilst twirling around his hammer.
"Leanna, it is good to see you," he said. I looked around and T'Challa and Okoye were fighting side by side.
"I'll stay here to help fight. Go find Juju!" Erik said. I nodded. I took out the gun that I had strapped on my belt.
"Make a path for me...I bet she is in the Kingdom somewhere with Shuri!" I yelled. Erik began running knocking down the hideous creatures. Their slick black bodies and ugly faces will forever be engraved into my memory.   I ran behind him shooting the ones that tried to get back up. The heat was raging but I think it was just the adrenaline pumping. One of the creatures knocked Erik over and I screamed.
"Baby, just go. I can fight them!" He yelled. I quickly ran as fast as I could to the kingdom. 
I dodged l the leaps and snarls as they jumped at me. Suddenly, above me grass broke and shattered to the ground from a window above. Vision flew out pushing out another figure. I quickly ran inside. The guards were all gone and probably fighting with T'Challa.  But a part of me told me to turn around.

She's in the woods

I knew it wasn't my voice but it was convincing. I turned back around and ran out to the woods. I got to get to my baby and fast. Maybe since everyone was outside the kingdom Shuri and Juju fled into the woods. I jumped over a fallen tree and caught sight of a red glow. I ran over and Wanda stood over Vision trying to pull something from his forehead.
"Wanda what are you—." Juju and Shuri were hiding behind a tree.
"Mama!" Juju cried. I ran over to her as she wobbled over.
"No it's a trap!" Wanda yelled. She turned back to vision and extracted the thing from his head. I turned back to Juju who was so close.
"My baby," I cried. She ran into my arms and then disappeared. I looked around frantically. Shuri too had disappeared.
"Impressed?" A deep voice said from behind me. I looked up warily and stood. The purple creature stood by me grinning and with the gauntlet.
"It's the reality stone...I get to manipulate what you see," it said. I stumbled back and into Wanda.
"Go, they are still in the kingdom," Wanda yelled. I turned to go but then everything in front of my eyes turned into a black abyss.

A/N: I love this ChloeXHalle song! Any fans out there? AND I love these comments that you guys post, they have me rolling 😂.