Ch2: New Places, New Faces

He awoke in a room where, from what he could make out with his blurry vision, five people standing over him. One, a blond girl who seemed to be smiling at him and examining his body, a white heaired girl who sneered at him with disgust, a black haired girl with a large black bow on her head, a man with grey heair and glasses, and finally, the red hooded girl. "How are you feeling?" the grey haired man asked politely, leaning on his cane. Artorias Sat up looking around the room. It was none like he had ever seen before. There we're cabinets with many viles of fluid in them, white beds like the one he's laying in, and weird mechanical devices all around. "Where am I?" he asked. The grey haired man gave a slight smile. "Why, you're in Beckon Academy."

"Beckon...Academy? Where is this place?" He seemed to have and endless supply of questions. "Only the best school ever, cutie." the blond girl chimed in, winking at him. "Yang, do you have to flirt with every guy you see??" the white haired girl questioned, seemingly annoyed. Well, now he at least knows the blond girls name, yang.
"Hey, chill out Ice Queen." she chuckled to herself, as if she had made a joke. The white haired girl rolled her eyes. He began to stand, when a sudden pain shot through his body. He must still be soar from what happened earlier. "Don't move around too much. You're still not ready to leave yet." the grey haired man told him. Shaking his head, the grey haired man smiles. "My name is Professor Ozpin. I'm the head of Beckon. What is your name?" Artorias sat up a bit. "My name is Artorias...but, where I'm from, I'm known as the abysswalker." Ozpin seemed confused about what he just said.

"I assume your not from our land?" Ozpin questioned. "No. I'm from a land known as Lordrun, a land ruled by Lord Gwyn." Everyone seemed confused. All except the red hooded girl. "Lordrun?? That sounds so cool!! What's it like?? Are there any cool weapons??" This girl seemed to have a million questiones, but for some reason, Artorias had no problem answering them. "The land was once a great empire, and Lord Gwyn set out to link the first flame. Most the weapons have something magical about them. Mine, for instance," he pointed over to his greatsword, seeming like it has seen better days "was used to fight the abyss. I'm the only one in my group strong enough to wield it." The red hooded girl seemed mesmerized by the large, battleworn blade. "Now Ruby, you musnt flood him with questions. He harldy knows where he is." Ozpin told her.

Ruby. So that was this red hooded girls name. A seemingly fitting one, as she mostly wore red and black. He couldn't figure it out, but something about her amused Artorias. Maybe it was the fact she was so easily entertained? Whatever the reason, he seemed to feel a weird sense for this girl. "Now, would you consider joining Beckon, Artorias? We may be able to help you get back to your own time." Ozpin politly asked him. Artorias thought for a moment. Lifting his head, he casually said "When do I begin?"