Ch4: The Fireball v.s. The Rose v.s. The Abysswalker

"This is going to be so much fun!! Are you guys ready??" yang asked, clearly eager. "Yes!!" Ruby cheered. "I suppose so..." Artorias nodded. He was worried that the abyss would try to take over again, and feared that this time it would be permanent. Before he could wonder, he heard yang counting down. "3...2...1...GO!!" She then proceded to rush at Artorias, going for a punch to the gut. He was able to dodge, but only slightly. She moved at speeds he has never seen before. Ruby was moving very fast as well, but for some reason had rose petals following behind. This only seemed to deepen his intrest in her more than before, but he didn't have the slightest clue why.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Ruby rapidly closing in. He turned just in time to block her massive scythe with his blade. He then proceded to push her back, giving him room to attack. "For a guy with one arm, you're insanely strong!! I'd hate to see how powerful you are with your good arm!!" Ruby complimented in awe. Artorias then spun two quick times in a circle, slashing both times. He then proceded to follow up with a flip, slashing down at Ruby. As she blocked, she could feel herself being pinned to the ground, her scythe blocking his blade. As she struggled to push against his strength, yang punched him in his rib cage, causing him to momentarily lose balance.

Ruby wasted no time in cizeing this chance to strike at him. She slashed at him, spinning her scythe around to release an endless onslaught of attacks that Artorias began to have trouble blocking. Having one arm, he wasn't able to keep up with the attacks. So, he went for a stab at Ruby which, just like he thought, would cause her to side step and stop for a brief moment. He took this opportunity to charge at yang, and swung a heavy overhead slash that cracked ground a bit when she dodged. "You must be nothing but raw power, aren't ya?" Yang grinned. Using her gauntlets to boost her, she swung at Artorias, aiming for his stomach. She was surprised when she looked where she had struck. Rather than dodging her attack, he used the flat part of his blade to block the shot.

He then proceded to take a few steps forward, pushing yang back. He then pushed her back, causing her to lose balance and fall. He then lept into the air and went for at stab at her. With quick thinking, she used her gauntlets to push her out of the way by firing them. Her eyes widened when she looked over to see he had left a small crater from the strike. Surely, if this were a battle to the death, that would've ended her. Ruby stood on one side and yang the other, both on either side of Artorias. Both rushed at him at the same time. Since Ruby was faster, she reached him first, forcing him to block her attack while yangs fist met the center of his back. While the pain was massive, he forced himself to force Ruby off and turned to deal with yang.

He went for a stab, which she easily dodged, and followed up with a spinning slash which forced her to block. He turned to find Ruby in the air, slashing down at him. He jumped back, watching as she stabbed the ground. All three of them stood there, in a small group. Ruby and yang were clearly exhausted, as they were half way leaning over. Artorias too was exhausted, but forced himself to stand up straight. "How...can..*puff* you still be...*huff* standing??" yang asked, sounding surprised. "It's like...*huff* youre not human..." Ruby chimed in. "I was one of Lord Gwyns most durable knights. I always managed to fight through the pain and push forward, no matter how much it burned." He explained. As he began to walk, he felt some sort of pain in his chest. "Speaking of pain, I think you broke a few of my ribs yang." Yang gasped in shock. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Are you ok?!?!" she rushed over to him. "Do you need to go to the clinic?" Ruby asked him, a worried tone in her voice.

"I'm fine, really. It's no big deal. I've had worse than this before." he reassured them, trying not to worry them. Ruby didn't seem to bye it. He could see the worried expression in her face, causing him to blush a bit. "Artorias, please. What if it's more than broken ribs? Please go to the clinic." she begged. "Yeah, we don't know for sure if it's just broken ribs." yang agreed. Artorias sighed, knowing there was no way to argue. "Very well, I'll go and have them look at me." That seemed to ease Ruby a bit. "I'm going with you." Ruby said. Artorias looked at her, a bit embaressed. "They might have to remove my chest pice to look at it. Are you sure?" he questioned. She nodded, causing Artorias to sigh. He knew there was no changing her mind, so he accepted it. "If that's the case, I'm coming too!" yang winked at Artorias. "This is going to be a very eventful year..." Artorias thought with a sigh.