Ch15: Anger

The group wandered through the woods for what felt like hours. Artorias, as usual, walked in the back behind everyone. They were all still a little tense from the previous argument, especially Ruby. Eventually, the hum of machines could be heard. "Wait.." Blake broke their silence. "Does anyone head that?" she asked. Everyone fell silent again, listening closely to their surroundings. "Machines?" Yang asked. "Which means were close. Everyone, make you're you're ready for anything." she instructed. They made their way closer, coming upon a few large buildings, mostly warehouses. There were men dressed in black with white masks roaming around. "White Fang??" Blake gasped slightly. They've never been known to operate anywhere remote like this. A man in a black hat, a white coat, and a cane was ordering them around. "Torchwik..." Ruby slowly mumbled.

   "Come on, be careful would ya? That stuff is worth more than your lives!" he hollered at them. The group got closer, being as silent as as stealth as possible. Well, except for Artorias. Due to the clanking of his armor, he thought it best to remain out until needed. The four girls each got closer, silently taking down the members one by one. They peeked out over a large cargo crate. Weiss wiped some disy off of the logo, her eyes widening. "This is dust from my family!" she whispered to the others. Throughout the months, Schnee dust cargo has gone missing over and over again. Yang cought a glance at someone on the roof. "Uh oh.." she slowly spoke. A fang member had spotted them. "Hey, intruders!!" he yelled, alerting everyone outside the facilities. Upon hearing them, Artorias came out from behind the tree and quickly made his way over. "So much for stealth.." Blake groaned as the girls emerged. The fang members attacked them. Artorias jumps, stabbing down in the middle of a group of members. They all gave yells as they were thrown back by the impact. As they fought, Ruby felt something hook her hoodie. Roman had shot a built in hook out of his cane, catching her. It reeled her over to him as Roman gave a laugh. "Oh, little red. Nice to see you again. I see you even brought friends!" he laughed. As she tried to stand, he swatted her with his cane and knocked her down. She let out cried of pain every time she was struck. Artorias turned, freezing as he watched. At that moment, anger swelled inside him, as well as the abyss. He lowered his head, the black and purple aura circling him. He shook, before leaning his head back and giving a monsterous roar. Roman turned twords him. "What in- oh boy.." he gulped. Artorias was rapidly closing in on him. He pointed the end of his cane at him, shooting the hidden gun. Artorias lept into the air, doing a somersault and slashing downward at him. Romans eyes widdend in fear. He gave a yell and dove out of the way.

   Yang turned twords the loud crashing sound. "Oh no...guys! He's lost it" she called to the others. Ruby watched in horror as Roman desperately crawled away. He rolled on his back, the large knight stepping on his chest. He gave a gasp, the weight pushing down on him. Artorias gave another unholy roar, raising his sword. Without thinking, Ruby stood. "Artorias no!!" she called out to him. He stopped, turning back to her. He tilted his head slightly, before lowering it. His shook slightly and roared, turning his attention twords her. She suddenly remembered his words: "Friend or foe, it matters not to creatures consumed by the abyss" his words played in her head. He ran, raising his arm to strike her. The girls eyes widened before shutting tightly, her arms raised as some small form of defense, as the corrupted wolf knight was now upon her.