Ch20: Return

The small group started their way back to the school. Ruby dragged in the back, her thoughts spinning around her head. She couldn't shake the fear that, one day, artorias my be gone for good. Could she stop it? Is there even a way to? All of these were questions she had, but with no answers. Her thoughts were interrupted by Yang, who waited for her to catch up. "What's wrong little sis?" she asked. She could usually tell when someone was bothered with something serious. Ruby gave a small sigh, and shook her head. "I want to find a way to save him," she looked at her sister. "To make him...normal again." she explained. Yang gave a small smile and rubbed the crimson girls hair. "We all do. Trust me, we will find a way to make him better again," she spoke in a comforting tone. "It will just take time, that's all. I'm sure everything will be alright." she smiled. This filled ruby with a glint of hope, that one day they would find a way to rid the large knight of the darkness.

   After a few hours to a day's journey, the group had made their way home. All of them were filled with relief upon entering through the front entrance. "Woo!" exclaimed yang. "Finally back! Now we can all sit back and reeeeeeelax!" she smiled with a cheerful tone. At that moment, the three new students emerged from the halls. The black haired girl stopped and glanced back at the other two. "Do you feel that?.." she whispered. The two nodded in response. "It feels like...darkness." she gave a slight smirk. The feeling was a very strong one resonating from Artorias himself. "Oh, hello there." the black haired girl spoke with a soothing voice, and a wave. "We are new here. My name is Cinder, and these are my friends Mercury and Emerald." she introduced. The two waved and put on fake smiles. "Well it's nice to meet you guys"! Ruby chimed in. Everyone introduced themselves. Well, all but Artorias. Cinder turned her gaze to the wolf knight, which caused a smirk to creep across her face. 'He's the one, I can feel it.' she thought to herself. "Who might you be?" she asked softly. "I am knight Artorias. Forgive me for not introducing myself." he bowed slightly. "Oh my, so formal." she smiled. Cinder turned and walked past her two colleagues with a hand on her side. "Well it was a pleasure to meet you all, but we should be getting to class. May we meet again." she waved. Unknown why to her, Ruby felt a sense of distrust in her. She seemed a tad bit strange in some way. She simply brushed off the thought and faced her group. "So! Time for a group decision!" she held her hands up cheerfully. "You're not attaching any sort of...device to make my arm work." Artorias interrupted. The red haired girl puffed her cheeks out to the remark. "That's not it!" he exclaimed. "Although I still say it would be cool.." he muttered under her breath.

   She shook her head and smiled brightly. "Anyways, the decision is if we will force our good friend Artorias to the dance coming up!" she grinned. He sunk down slightly as the words left her mouth. "Do I get a say in this?.." he slowly questioned. "Nope!" she smirked. "All in favor of him going, hands up!" she called, her hand going up first. The other three soon followed her action. The wolf knight gave a groan, knowing there was no means of escaping. "Then the motion is passed," Ruby continued. "You're going to the dance." she smiled and tilted her head. "By the Lord's..." he grumbled once again.