Ch18: Final Decision

The day seemed to go by faster than usual. Artorias had isolated himself away from the girls as he pondered his next decision: stay with His friends, or leave them forever? Both had drawbacks. If he stayed, he would risk putting his friends in danger by his hand if he were to lose it. Yet if he were to leave, not only would he be hurting them by leaving, the thought of ruby being saddened and upset plagued his mind. After what seemed like hours, he came to his decission. 

   Meanwhile, the girls were calling out to him in the forest. The sky's were dark, as it was about to storm again. "Why would he run off?" Blake asked the others. They had been out for nearly 40 minutes, and still no sign of Artorias. "Better yet, how can someone that massive disappear so quick?" Yang chimed in. As the others asked questions, Ruby silently blamed herself for him leaving. 'He's probably upset I won't accept the truth..' he thought to herself. Even to this very moment, she refused to accept the wolf knights eventual fate: being consumed by the abyss swelling inside him forever. Her thoughts, as well as the others conversation, was soon cut short by rustling from the brush. Out emerged the large knight, his weapon resting on his shoulder. With a twinkle in her eyes, Ruby was the first to reach him. "Artorias! Thank goodness you're alright!" she hugged him.

   "Forgive me for leaving without telling you all, but...I needed time to made a choice" he informed her. This confused the four girls. "A choice? What kind of choice?" Weiss questioned him. Artorias took a slow breath before filling them all in. "On whether or not I should stay here, or leave the school for good" he explained. All four of them went wide eyed. "Which one did you choose?" a worried Ruby slowly asked. She absolutely hated the idea of him leaving. To be honest, the poor girl was scared to hear which choice he had made. "I will stay" the large knight suddenly spoke. All four girls, especially Ruby, lit up upon hearing those three words. Not only will she keep her new found friend, but she will get to stay with her knight in shining armor, and him his precious rose.