Ch21: Finally a Break

The tim Artorias dreaded most had finally arrived: the night of the dance. The four girls stood him in the center of the room, pondering what he should wear. The only problem: neither of them were sure if they could find suits in his size. "I could simply...not go?" he spoke in a grumble. Try as he might, he knew there was no possible way for him to get out of going. But, being as persistent as he was, he kept attempting to find any sort of loop hole he could. Ruby gave a smirk, which usually ment she was up to no good. "You're not getting out of this one, gigantor." she poked his chest plate. "First things first!" she turned to the others. "We remove his armor, then measure him. Were going to make him a suit!" she cheered. The others nodded in agreement and circled him. The knight slowly spun, watching the four. "I refuse to be taken out of it. But you're all welcome to try." he taunted slightly.

   Ruby, of course, was the first to make an attempt. She gave a cry and ran, slamming into him. But, her efforts might as well have been in vein, for the large man gave no sign of budging when she made contact. "I'm in seed of support!" she called to the others. Yang was the next to make a move, being the only one strong enough to cause slight movement in him. Blake and weiss soon followed, eventually pinning poor Artorias to the floor. "Now," Ruby started, sitting on the knights chest. "Face reveal!" she called, taking hold of his helmet. She quickly lifted it, pushing his blue hood back in the process. She revealed a very sad sight for the group to see. Artorias' veins on his face were black and purple, a visable sign that he was tainted by the abyss. She then turned her attention to his facial features, which froze her. He had semi long black hair, a rugged yet handsome face, and purple eyes. Upon viewing this, she couldn't help but stare. She could feel her heart racing faster and faster with every passing moment, as well as her face heating up. 'He's..gorgeous..' she thought to herself. Her thoughts were interrupted by muffled sounds, which soon cleared up to be the girls trying to get her attention. She quickly shook her head, composing herself as she jumped off. "A-alright everyone, get the rest off." she pointed. The moment weiss laid her hands on a piece of armor, she gave a look at Artorias. "You're wearing something underneath this, aren't you?" she asked in a slight worried tone. He gave a small chuckle at the question. "Of course I am. Do not worry." he sat up slightly.

   Hours had gone by since the girls started working, with only a few left until the dance began. Each worked on a respective part of the suit: Blake with the measurements, yang with the fabric, weiss with the sewing, and ruby with the shoes. As they did, Artorias sat against the wall in his corner, observing them. He wore chainmaile underneath his armor, with a leather shirt and pants underneath. Yang turned her attention twords his attire, giving a look. "I still don't see how you can wear all of that heavy clothing along with your armor." she spoke to him. He gave a small shrug, smiling a bit. "It isn't so bad once you get use to it. There are knights that wear heavier where I'm from." he informed her. She thought for a moment and shook her head, seemingly amazed. "Alright," Ruby started. "Its time to try everything on. Go to the bathroom, and come out once you're done." she smiled brightly. This time, there was no hiding the blush he got when he saw her smile. He could only nod, and quickly make his way to the bathroom with his clothing.

   After about five minutes, he came out slowly. He stood in front of the girls, turning around slowly. "This is a lot lighter then I am use to.." she spoke uncomfortably. They had made him a nice black long sleeve button up, black dress pants and shoes, and a dark purple vest to top it off. He looked down at himself, then the girls. "Interesting color choices." he added. "You look great!" ruby cheered. The others nodded in response. "Go wait outside so we can get ready too." Blake pointed. He made his way out, closing the door. As he waited, he leaned against the wall with a small sigh. "Its just a dance..no different then the parties lord gwyn would throw.." he reassured himself. He stood up straight, fixing his vest. "Besides, this may be my one time to try and ease my mind from this cursed darkness." he spoke.