Chapter 1

Hey, everyone. This story will be based off the Erik Killmonger x Reader Part 1 and 2 imagines in my Black Panther Imagines book, but I'm sort of taking it back. It will start to weave in as we progress through the story. Comment, vote, and continue to read!

   ERIK'S POV

  I walked out of my apartment and passed by a couple of men talking to their girls, but I overheard a guy yelling at a woman. It wasn't too far away from my apartment door.
  The woman was young, yet she was stunning. The man held a cigarette in his hand, but he was threatening to beat the woman if she didn't come with him. The woman clearly was used to this sort of thing, but I could see the fear in her eyes.

  Normally, I would go out with a couple of friends, but something in me told me to help the woman out.

  I said,"Hey, man, didn't your mom teach you about treating a woman like a queen?"

  The woman's eyes filled with relief, after I butted in, and she sent me a greatful smile. I nodded to her and motioned for her to step to the side.

  She obeyed, and the man walked up to me saying,"Didn't your mother teach you not to try to take another man's property?"

  The woman looked down, and I looked back at the man saying,"First, you better get on. Second, she isn't your property. She's a woman who deserves so much better than you. I don't even know her, but no woman deserves this. Back off."

  The man went to throw a punch at me, but I grabbed him by his neck. He looked down and noticed his feet were no longer touching the ground. I went to take care of the man for the woman, but she stopped me.

  I sighed and dropped the man before I said to the man,"You better make sure I don't see you near her again."

  I jogged down the steps and felt someone behind me.

  It was the woman, and she said,"U..Um, thank you. Here. This..This is all I have on me."

  I closed her hand and looked her in the eyes saying,"Nah, beautiful. I don't need that, but you're welcome. How you end up with someone like that?"

  She looked down again, and I lifted her chin saying,"Sorry for questioning you about it. Maybe you'll tell me one day...uh.."

  She sent me a small smile and said,"One day. Y/N. My name is Y/N."

  I looked at her hand for a moment and replied,"Erik. Erik's my name. It's nice to meet you, Y/N. You need a ride home?"

  Y/N shook her hand and said,"No, but thank you Erik. Also, thank you for saving me and my dignity back there."

  I placed a kiss on Y/N's cheek, and she smiled, but she almost fell walking back towards the stairs. I chuckled and turned around, heading back to my apartment.
  I had already forgotten about what I left my apartment for, but it was because of Y/N. She was beautiful, yet something told me I should keep my eyes open for Y/N; especially, if the man came back after her.

  I jogged back towards the stairs and looked around, but there was no sign of Y/N. I turned and saw the guy watching me.
  I just headed back into my apartment. I hoped she would be all right. I had never taken this much interest, well in a positive way, in anyone, but something told me I had to remember Y/N.

      Y/N'S POV

  After the buff yet kind African American man, Erik, helped me out, I wanted to stay with him almost immediately. I knew he was a complete stranger, but he actually cared about keeping me from harm.
  My boyfriend, Tyler, could care less. I, honestly, don't know why I was still with him, but I couldn't escape him. That was the problem. Trust me, I would leave if I knew how not to run into him again.

  I've tried leaving many times, but it was useless. When Erik came to my rescue, I had forgotten what it was like to have someone put another's needs in front of their own.
  Tyler, he wasn't always like he was now. He used to be so sweet and encouraging, but then college completely changed the guy. His whole mindset switched. I wouldn't say it was college itself, but the people he chose to hang around. He let those people derail what positive future and choices he had the mindset to make.

  Speaking of Tyler, when I came back from getting our food, he grabbed my arm.

  I winced, and Tyler asked me,"Did you get what I asked you to?"

  I nodded and Tyler snatched the bag from me, but I just walked inside. I put down my purse very slowly. I didn't really feel like eating anymore.
  I took a shower and changed into some Hello Kitty pajamas, then I laid down.

  I felt Tyler bury his face in my neck, and I felt violated. He had done it many times before, but it never felt... I couldn't recall the word off hand.
  Tyler fell asleep in no time. It took me a minute to fall asleep, but I just thought about why Erik helped me. Why didn't he just keep walking and act like nothing was going on, like most people did?